Day Trip to Royal Castle
Choose this tour if you wish to spend a relaxing day surrounded by the scenic Carpathian Mountains. Uncover the number one architectural gem of the country, Peles Castle.
Built by the Romanian Royal family, the castle is a true embodiment of noble taste and intelligent engineering. It’s stunning turrets and great attention to detail, as well as unbelievable views over the mountains, gained the castle title of a “Neo-Renaissance masterpiece”.
Our guide will explain the main points of Romanian history, focusing on the monarchy period, which shaped modern Romania. You will find out about the royals achievements, routines, romantic stories and even gossip.
Next on our route is a visit to Sinaia Monastery. The oldest part of it dates back to the 17th century, and one can still admire some of the original elements. After the guided tours, you will have a chance to stroll around the famous Sinaia mountain resort on your own.
The resort is an all year round destination that urban habitants use as a hideaway from hustle and bustle. You will fall in love with its picturesque panoramas and luxurious villas, that sprung up here and there after the Royal Family established their summer residence in Sinaia.
Don’t miss this unforgettable experience that will fill you up with inspiration for a long time!
- An extended tour of the Peles Castle - a straight out of a fairytale book place, rated as a “must see of Romania” by all our tourists
- Visit Sinaia Monastery - the oldest building in town, a construction that marked the beginning of development in the area
- Free time in Sinaia to enjoy the mesmerising atmosphere of the Carpathian Mountains
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available February - October 2020
- Children under 4 years of age are not permitted on this tour
- A minimum of 2 people required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick-up & drop-off for Bucharest selected downtown hotels & hostels.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Entrance ticket to the Peles Castle and the Monastery (full tour)
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Pick-up & drop-off for Bucharest selected downtown hotels & hostels
- Transportation by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Phone calls and other personal expenses
- Photo & Video Fees
- Additional costs
- Optional service - permission for taking photos at the Peles Castle, costs 35 lei (approx. 8 EUR)
- The company is not responsible for any delays caused by traffic or any other unpredictable conditions