Bram Stocker's Dracula Castle Tour
This is a small group full day tour from Bucharest to Transylvania on a very picturesque route through the Carpathian Mountains allowing you to discover two of the most beautiful Romanian castles.
You will meet the tour guide and at the meeting point mentioned above and, at 08:00 am, you will leave Bucharest and head to Transylvania.
On the way, you will stop in Sinaia mountain resort to visit Sinaia castle, known as Peles royal castle.
Erected between 1873 and 1914, the monument has been the summer residence of the Romanian Royal family and it is the most visited museum in Romania.
Bran Castle (14th century) has been serving for ages as a military fortress controlling the entry route to Transylvania and it is nowadays frequently associated with Dracula"s myth.
On our way back, we will stop for a short walk in Brasov downtown, just to show you how a typical Transylvanian old city looked like, and to admire the most important sites of this beautiful city: The Council Square, The Council Tower, The Black Church (view from outside), The Rope Street, The White and Black Towers, The Schei Gate.
- Take the breathtaking route from Bucharest to Transylvania
- Stop at Sinaia mountain to visit Peles Royal Castle
- Visit the famous Dracula Bran Castle
- Have a short walk in Brasov downtown to see the old city
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 12 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Between 2 November and 1 December, Peles Castle is closed for cleaning. During this period, you will be able to visit his smaller replica - Pelisor Castle.
- Between 15 May and 15 September, Peles castle is open from Tuesday to Sunday only. On Mondays, Rasnov Citadel will be visited instead.
- This tour is not suitable for people with walking (stairs climbing) disabilities
- This tour is not suitable for children under 7
- A maximum of 16 people per booking
- Our tours are not available on the following dates: 25-26 Dec 2018, 31 Dec 2018, and 01 Jan 2019.
- Pick-up serviceThe extra fee for hotel pick-up/drop-off is 20 Euro/standard car (1-3 persons), 30 Euro/minibus (4-8 persons), 50 Euro/minibus (9-11 persons) and the pick-up time is 07:30 am.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Entrance fees at castles
- English speaking guide services
- Transportation by minibus/bus
- Please note that the cost of taxi in Bucharest is not so high and it could be more convenient for you to take a taxi to the departure point. You can ask the reception of your hotel to order an official taxi for you. Just tell the driver to take you to the Athenaeum (
- The following hotels are located within walking distance from the departure point and there is no need for a hotel pick-up: Hilton Athenee Palace, Radisson Blu, Mercure, Berthelot, Amzei, Novotel, Grand Hotel Continental, Ramada Majestic, Capitol, Capsa, Opera.
- During the official holidays and weekends the traffic to the mountain area might be busier than usual so the return could be later than scheduled (around 9 -10pm).