Visit East (Santana) and Peaks on Private Madeira Tours
On this tour, see the best views of the eastern side of Madeira, a unique experience passing through the non-touristic villages as you travel by open top 4X4.
Start with a visit to Machico, where Portuguese captains landed for the first time.
Move on to Portela for an experience with the amazing countryside of the Madeira, overlooking Eagle Rock (Penha D'Aguia), known as the human face. Enjoy the beautiful view over the rocks and the coast.
Afterwards, continue to the sugar cane and rum factory in Porta da Cruz. Taste the local rums and learn about the local production of rum.
Travel down the serpentine roads to the village Santana, to visit the traditional thatched houses. Enjoy a delicious lunch during your stay in Santana.
In the afternoon, visit the 3rd highest peak of Madeira. At 1818 meters you will have a 360° view over the surroundings, passing by Ribeiro Frio Village.
The itinerary of places passed on this tour: Machico - Fajã dos Rolos - Portela - Porto da Cruz- Santana - Faial - Ribeiro Frio - Pico Areeiro
- At 1818 Pico Areeiro, the 3rd highest mountain
- Discover the Rum Factory
- Travel by 4x4 vehicle with an open top roof
- See the traditional thatched houses of Santana
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Portuguese
- Duration: 8 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Portuguese
- Pick-up servicePick–up from hotels and guest houses outside of Funchal city will be charged with additional prices: €5.00 per person at the cruise dock or harbour, €5.00 per person at São Vicente, Machico, Santa Cruz, Ponta do Sol, Calheta, Ribeira Brava, Campanário.,
- Disability ServicesNot accessible for Wheelchairs
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Bottle of water
- Local taxes
- Photos from the tour
- Tour Guide
- Pick up and Drop off from/to centrally located Funchal hotels
- Pick–up at the cruise dock (€5.00 per person)
- Optional lunch (€12.00 per person)
- Pick–up from hotels and guest houses outside of Funchal city will be charged with additional prices: €5.00 per person at the cruise dock or harbour, €5.00 per person at São Vicente, Machico, Santa Cruz, Ponta do Sol, Calheta, Ribeira Brava, Campanário, €10.00 per person at Caniçal, Porto Moniz, Santo da Serra, Ponta Delgada
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- This tour is not available on Mondays