Nun's Valley & Pico Do Arieiro - Open Roof 4x4 Tour
With a prime sight over Funchal, Câmara de Lobos and the Deserted Islands, we will start our tour at Pico dos Barcelos.
From there, we will drive towards the famous Curral das Freiras (Nun's Valley) which is surrounded by historic places and the highest mountains.
Then, we will drive uphill towards Pico do Areeiro at 1818m where you can enjoy magnificent landscapes and great views over Ponta da São Lourenço, Ribeiro Frio (East), Paúl da Serra (West), Curral das Freiras (South) or even Porto Santo, if there is good weather.
Later, we will have a coffee break in a typical Madeiran restaurant in Poiso, known for its traditional barley coffee with Madeira wine.
At our final stop, Ribeira Primeira Park, a sustainable project in the heart of the forest where you may visit the trout farm and enjoy a natural tea or Portuguese coffee at the Tea House overlooking the park and the magical forest.
- Pico do Arieiro's beautiful views around the Island at 1818 mts of altitude.
- Nun's Valley and its interesting history
- Travel in the comfort of our Jeeps
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour is available Tuesdays and Saturdays Only
- Live GuideEnglish, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Pick-up servicePick-up time: At all Funchal hotels: 08:45 am - At all Caniço hotels: 08:30 am
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Pick-up & Drop-off at Hotel in Funchal and Caniço
- Professional Guide
- Local Taxes
- Safety Instructions / First-Aid Kit
- Food & Beverages
- Pick up and Drop-off outside of Funchal or Caniço requires a payment of a 10€ fee per person
- We recommend our guests to wear comfortable walking shoes and warm clothes, as it can get very cold during the tour.