Ecotour & Santana
From Funchal, we go uphill to Pico do Arieiro at 1818m, to enjoy magnificent landscapes and great views over Madeira and Porto Santo islands. Then heading to the north side of the island, we will pass through Ribeiro Frio, surrounded by Laurissilva Forest and beautiful evergreen mountains.
Continuing, we will experience a nice off-road toward one of the most emblematic towns in the island, Santana, known by its triangular houses, which served locals for centuries as dwellings and stables. After a lunch stop (not included) we will visit a very traditional Rum Distillery in Porto da Cruz.
Finally, we will stop at Pico do Facho viewpoint, to enjoy amazing views over Ponta de São Lourenço and Machico valley. Machico was the first Capital of Madeira when the first explorers arrived on the island.
- Take in stunning panoramic views from Pico do Arieiro
- Explore the steep valley of the Ribeiro Frio
- See the triangular houses of the Santana Madeira Biosphere
- Visit a traditional run distillery in Porto da Cruz
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 7 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour is available on Fridays Only
- Live GuideEnglish, Portuguese, Spanish
- Pick-up servicePick-up time from Funchal begins at 08:45 and Caniço begins at 08:30.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pick-up Drop-off (Funchal - Caniço)
- Professional Guide
- Safety instructions / First-Aid Kit
- Local Taxes
- Food & Beverages
- Personal expenses
- We recommend our guests to wear comfortable walking shoes and warm clothes, as it can get very cold during the tour.
- Please include your pickup details when making your booking