Ecotour & Santana
From Funchal heading towards the North side of the island, we will pass through Ribeiro Frio, where we will be surrounded by beautiful evergreen mountains. There, we will start our short walk from Levada da Serra do Faial into Balcões.
After 30 minutes of walking (flat terrain), we will arrive at an incredible viewpoint in the middle of the valley where you will be able to see native birds flying around the highest peaks.
Afterwards, we will do an off-road drive and visit one of the most emblematic towns in the island, Santana, known for its triangular shaped houses which served locals for centuries as dwellings and stables.
From there, we will go to Santo da Serra, more specifically, Ribeira Primeira Park: a unique and sustainable project in the middle of the forest that provides a relaxing atmosphere. There you can also catch your own trout for lunch, (not included).
To finish our tour, we will drive downhill through Morena while contemplating astonishing views over the southeast of the island.
- Machico, which was the first capital of Madeira, well known by its history.
- Have fun traveling to all the places in our comfortable jeeps
- Experience Madeira’s unique nature in Parque Ribeira Primeira in Santo da Serra
- Visit Santana, which is one of the most emblematic touristic areas in Madeira
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 7 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour is available on Thursdays Only
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Pick-up servicePick-up time: Funchal: 08:45 am - Caniço: 08:30 am
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Pick-up Drop-off (Funchal - Caniço)
- Professional Guide
- Safety instructions / First-Aid Kit
- Local Taxes
- Food & Beverages
- Personal expenses
- We recommend our guests to wear comfortable walking shoes and warm clothes, as it can get very cold during the tour.
- Please include your pickup details when making your booking