Palawan: Adventure in Paradise
The Filipinos are a country of 7,107 islands and countless beaches, consider a place to be the epitome of tropical paradise, you know it must be something special.
Palawan is exotic, even for the Filipinos. Its geography and richness of flora and fauna are exceptional in a country that already has its fair share of amazing natural beauty.
Nowhere else in the country can you float down a river flowing through an eight-kilometre tunnel of karst or kayak amidst towering islands of sheer limestone walls that rise directly out of the sea.
And yes, Palawan's beaches will make you wonder why you ever bothered with anything less perfect.
CHILDREN UNDER 13 ARE NOT ACCEPTED ON THIS TOUR
- Explore El Nido's many islands, each with its own distinct features.
- Kayak and skin dive amidst El Nido's limestone formations.
- See breathtaking limestone karst landscapes and forest ecosystems.
- Snorkel the rich coral reefs of Ulugan Bay
- Take a boat deep into the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River.
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 6 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- On Request
- All travelers pay the adult rate
- Children under 13 are not permitted on this tour
- A minimum of 2 people per booking
- Pick-up servicePickup at Puerto Princesa airport – with a private vehicle.
- Easy Cancellationi) Cancellation 45 days or more before departure: no fees. Full refund. ii) Cancellation 44-15 days before departure: 50% of cost of services booked. iii) Cancellation less than 15 days before departure: 100% of cost of services booked.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 7 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Two lunches.
- Equipment for kayaking and skin diving.
- Guiding service.
- All fees associated with the specified activities
- Five (5) nights accommodations
- All land and sea transportation for the duration of the trip.
- travel insurance
- other meals
We meet you at the Puerto Princesa airport and we drive an hour and a half to Ulugan Bay. A 30-minute boat ride then takes us to an island with white sandy beaches and surrounded by vibrant coral reefs teeming with marine life.
We spend the day snorkelling and enjoying the beach (the island's resident eagle might even join us!).
At night we stay in rainforest cottages that are surrounded by trees and have sweeping views of Ulugan Bay.
We drive to Sabang then take an outrigger boat to the entrance of the Underground River. There we take a paddle boat deep into the river's tunnel, marvelling at the unique environment and its many interesting formations.
Then we hike through a jungle trail and try to spot monitor lizards. In the afternoon we take a paddle boat through a mangrove to learn about this rich ecosystem.
After having our fill of seeing monkeys, tree snakes and various birds we drive back to our rainforest cottages overlooking Ulugan Bay.
We spend the morning travelling to El Nido.
This gives us plenty of time to appreciate the scenery of inland Palawan. At El Nido we take a hike up one of its rock mountains and get a spectacular view of Bacuit Bay and its islands.
After taking some time in the morning to learn how to handle a sea kayak, we spend the whole day paddling amidst rock cliffs and sandy beaches.
Every now and then we go ashore to better appreciate island features and to do some skin diving.
We load our skin diving gear onto an outrigger boat and set off to experience the wonders of the various Bacuit Bay islands.
After a day of spectacular beaches, rock formations and lagoons, we reluctantly go back to El Nido town for our last night in paradise.
We bid farewell to El Nido and drive back to Puerto Princesa where we visit the Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center (also known as the Crocodile Farm).
Our trip ends at the Puerto Princesa airport in the afternoon. You also have the option of flying out of El Nido airport instead of driving back to Puerto Princesa.