Private Llanganuco Lakes & Huascaran National Park Tour
The day will begin with breakfast in your hotel and then we depart at 9 am heading north in the direction of Llanganuco Lakes, which are located between the mountains of Huascaran and Huandoy, the tour starts in Huaraz.
Passing by several typical villages like Monterrey, Paltay, Tarica, Jangas, Yungar Anta, we can appreciate the beautiful white mountains of Huandoy, Huascaran, Hualcan, Copa and others.
You can make a photo-stop from the various viewing points on the way.
A 7-degree earthquake took place on 31 May 1970 at 3:20 pm, pieces of the Huascaran mountain’s north peak broke off and caused a huge avalanche of mud and ice and in 6 seconds destroyed Yungay province.
A guided visit will take around 45 minutes.
1km north is New Yungay, from here start ascending the dusty road up to Llanganuco Lakes.
Further along, we will arrive at the base of the mountains, Huascaran and Huandoy.
Then we will continue on to the place called Cebollapampa trailhead for Pisco mountain climbing and Lake 69.
From here we will walk along the valley visiting the lakes and take in some bird watching.
Then continue to Chinacocha Lake, where there will be a choice of activities, such as sailing in small boats or horse riding.
Next, we will walk along the wonderful trail of Maria Josefa which is full of lush vegetation.
After this, the bus will be waiting to take you to a typical countryside restaurant for lunch.
We will then begin the journey back and arrive at approx 6 pm at the bus station.
- Then continue to Chinacocha Lake, where there will be a choice of activities, such as sailing in small boats or horse riding
- Visit Marcara, Carhuaz, Yungay, this buried city holds so much history!
- Discover the beautiful villages of Monterrey, Paltay, Tarica, Jangas, Yungar Anta,
- Out tour will begin in Huaraz
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 1 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up is only available for selected hotels within a 500m radius of the main square. Customers located outside of this will meet at our main office.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Touristic Transport
- Official Tour Guide
- Entrance Tickets for Huascaran National Park and Yungay
- Food and Beverage
- Personal expenses
- Wearing comfortable footwear suitable for walking is recommended.
- Money for lunch/entrance tickets
- We recommend all customers bring with them light clothing, sunblock and hats.