Lima Gastronomy Tour and Cooking Class
Get picked up at your Lima hotel or port at 10 am and go beyond the typical tourist attractions with this hands-on culinary tour of Peru's gastronomic capital.
Begin the 3-hour experience with a visit to a local market to sample regional specialities like lúcuma and chirimoya, which have a sweet, maple-like taste and a custardy texture respectively. Hear from your guide about the great importance of local markets for today's Peruvian population today. You'll have a little extra time to support the local producers by doing a little treat-shopping of your own.
Next, head to a local restaurant, hearing about various city landmarks from your guide as you pass them. In the restaurant's professional kitchen, participate in a hands-on cooking course taught by an expert instructor. Learn about the history and process of the Peruvian dishes as you make them.
From scratch, create traditional Peruvian dishes like Lomo Saltado (grilled steak), Ceviche (fresh, citrus-cured fish marinated in a variety of local ingredients), Causa Limeña (a layered potato dish), and Pisco Sour (Peru's national cocktail; made with the local distilled spirit, egg whites, and fresh citrus juice). After you've finished preparing everything, sit down and enjoy your meal and a cocktail with new friends.
The tour concludes when you are dropped back off at your hotel or port around 1:30 pm.
- private cooking class
- local food
- local markets
- Pick-Up and Drop Off at your Hotel in Lima
- Expert Cooking Instructor
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Spanish
- Duration: 3 to 4 hours
- Skip the Line
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pick-up servicePick-Up from your hotel in Lima
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Food tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Be sure to mention any Food Allergies to the Cooking Instructor