10 Day Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Trekking Annapurna Base Camp is a big-time trip, not very taxing and efficient in cost and time for most. The journey starts at Phedi, which is a short drive of less than an hour from the city of lakes: Pokhara, from where we can proceed towards the Annapurna Base Camp located at an altitude of 4130m.
Mt. Annapurna is one of the most beautiful peaks in the World. On this journey, you can meet communities of different ethnicities some of which are Gurung, Magar and Thakali, who offer the most excellent hospitality and charm for visitors. You can experience the warm welcome of the locals upfront whenever you stop to rest for a little chat with these friendly local folks.
The journey progresses through dense forests of rhododendron with snow-capped mountain landscapes that are dramatic to watch. Nature here is very colourful, bringing a soothing feeling in our hearts and calmness to the mind as we experience the marvellous flora and fauna present in the region.
The reverse hike is a winding trail towards Ghorepani, which is even more exciting with different settings and a lot more of beautiful landscapes to witness. From Ghorepani you can see the early sunrise among the towering peaks of Mt. Annapurna and Mt. Dhaulagiri, the sight is a ‘must’ to behold impressive scenery when on this route and the feeling of it will leave you speechless.
The beauty of nature on this trekking route is genuinely astonishing, colourful, warm and welcoming, which will leave you an impression that tells your heart to visit again and again. The landscapes witnessed throughout this journey are beyond your imagination and unforgettable in a lifetime.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu and two nights in luxurious Hotels of your choice
- A perfect Himalayan trek through classic high mountain scenery to explore the heart of the Annapurna
- Stay in up-market lodges, and the best tea houses higher up the trail with many extra services included
- Trek to Macchapuchare Base Camp and Annapurna Base Camp
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Children under 7 are not accepted on this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from Pokhara.
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy Cancellation100% Cancellation fee for customers to cancel 30 days prior to the tour and 50% cancellation fee 31-45 days prior to the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Insurance for guide and assistant.
- All food and accommodation for guide and assistant.
- Assistant guide for the group more than 4
- Well experienced English speaking guide.
- Basic emergency first aid kit.
- All breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek.
- Descent Sleeping bag during the trek.
- Accommodation: on descent mountain lodge.
- All necessary government and local permits for the trek.
- All ground transportation from pokhara to trek point and phedi to pokhara by car.
- Tips for your guide and assistant.
- Your personal insurance, (it’s recommended to make insurance at least 40 days before the trek)
- All beverages including bottled water.
- your personal trekking gear
- transportation from ktm to pokhara and vice versa (can be arranged on request)
- Your accommodation and food in Kathmandu or and pokhara (can be arranged on request)
Drive from Pokhara (915 m.) to Nayapul (1050m.) takes approximately one and half hours.
Now you begin your trek from Nayapul (1050m.) to Tirkhedhunga (1577 m.) via Birethanti (1065m.) which takes about four and half hours.
Stay overnight at lodge.
Trek from Tirkhedhunga to Ghorepani (2675m.) takes about six hours.
To begin your trek, you could ascend steeply for the early 2 hours and then ascend gently passing through Ulleri (2070m.) and Banthanti, Magar villages.
On the way, you can view the Machhapuchhare or Fish Tail (6997m.), Hiunchuli (6441m.) and Annapurna (7219m) south.
Stay overnight at lodge.
Today is a beautiful day because we get onto Poon Hill- an emblem of the Annapurna region. We climb the steep trail to the viewpoint of Poon Hill (3200mtrs).
The efforts will be rewarded with fantastic views of Machhapuchre, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, and the Annapurnas. After taking photos and having some coffee or tea or hot chocolate, we return to Ghorepani.
After breakfast, we head east and climb a nearby ridge. We descend through rhododendron forest, pass by magnificent waterfalls along the way and reach Tadapani for overnight.
As we plod upwards along the forested ridge residing in the vicinity of chains of cloud-clustered hills, a grass-covered slope opens up leading to a course descending across a rock-strewn area to the riverbed of Kali Gandaki.
Kali Gandaki is the world’s deepest river gorge of great bio-geographical significance regarded as demarcating Eastern and Western avifauna. The trail up the Modi Khola passes through dense forests of rhododendron and bamboo across Annapurna mountain range.
After trekking for 5 hours, we reach Chomrong. From Chomrong we can get outstanding and gripping views of Machhapuchhare. There are many chalet-style wooden lodges at Chomrong which provide accommodation and food…& for dessert its apple pie…we bunk out for the night down here.
Stone stepping through the Chomrong Khola, we continue hiking along steep stone steps. On our trails, we bypass rhododendron-covered ridge paths, mountainous terrains and forests of bamboo.
As we savour awe-inspiring views of Annapurna mountain ranges and Machhapuchhare, we gather more energy and enthusiasm to explore further.
During our five-hour walking, we cross Modi Khola, pass through Khuldigar, Bamboo and Dovan and finally reach Himalaya Hotel where we wrap up our trip for the day.
As we trundle on to Annapurna Base Camp, the vegetation disappears. We will encounter snow boulders melting and forming small streams.
The path widens as we enter the Sanctuary, follows a stream, and then climbs to a few huts alongside a moraine. Upon arrival at this juncture, we will enjoy sensational views of the near-vertical south face of Annapurna towering above the sanctuary.
Annapurna Base Camp sanctuary boasts of vibrant views without anything blocking panoramas of the 360 degrees sights. The heart inspiring views of Machhapuchre, Annapurna south, Annapurna I, Hiunchuli and other peaks will be the boon of our hard efforts.
The Climax of our trip almost concludes today!
Overnight at Annapurna Base Camp (4130m/13550ft)
At the break of dawn, we delight in the awesome sunrise over the Himalayas from Annapurna Base Camp. after our breakfast, we start descending from Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo back through Machhapuchre Base Camp, Deurali, Dovan and finally reach Bamboo.
Heading back down to the valley is much easier than climbing up. We will see the waterfalls that drop down from a high point to the rocks below.
We further pass through the forests with great views of Fishtail and Hiunchuli mountains.
Overnight at Bamboo.
The path descends to Bamboo passing through forests with varieties of rhododendron, oaks and bamboo plants.
After Bamboo, the trail goes steeply up to the Kuldi Ghar where the trail turns quite flat until we reach Sinuwa. we then gradually descend to the Chumrong Khola, where we follow a stone staircase for almost an hour to reach Chumrong.
The last part of the trail goes steeply down to Jhinudanda. From the town, we walk down for 20 minutes to reach the hot spring at the bank of the Modi Khola.
Stay overnight at lodge.
The first part of the trek is descending and then proceeds along flatland until we reach Himal Pani. Beyond this town, the trail ascends gently crossing numerous streams and terraces.
After a short trek, we arrive at Landruk (1640m.), a pretty big village inhabited by a mixed community of Gurung, Magar and Brahmin. Our trail then gently ascends to Tolka (1850m.) and then ascends and returns to the level path to Bherikharka.
From here, the trail goes steeply up to Deurali (2100m.) with a view of different mountain peaks in panorama. The trail then gradually descends to Pothana passing through different oak forests.
Stay overnight at lodge.
We Trek from Pothana to Dhampus Phedi which takes approximately three hours and drive from Dhampus Phedi to Pokhara by our vehicle. The trail is a gentle descent to Dhampus, a village mainly inhabited by Gurung.
We then trek on flatland for some distance before steeply descending to Dhampus Phedi. From here we take a vehicle to drive from Dhampus Phedi to Pokhara.
- Please bring sunglasses, hat and sunscreen for protection against the sun
- Please bring the following essentials for the cold - sleeping bag, winter jacket, thermal suit, gloves
- For walking please have the following - trekking stick, proper trekking shoes, water bottle (1.5 liters)
- For your personal wellbeing please bring the following - head torch/ flashlight, toilet paper, multifunctional towel, water purification tablets, emergency first aid kit for wilderness.
- For entertainment please bring the following - books, paintings, camera, card or table games.