Day Trip To 3 Ancient Cities Around Mandalay
Visit the 160-year old UPein Bridge, the world's longest teak bridge, composed of over a thousand teak poles. Get a glimpse of the daily life of monks in Mahagandayon Monastery, the residence of over 1,500 monks.
Take a boat trip from the banks of Myitnge River to Ava then travel by horse cart to experience local life in Ava. Pay a visit to Bargaya Monastery, the home of 176 teak pillars and impressive wood carvings. Travel to Oominthonese Pagoda and Swanooponyashin Pagoda, located at the top of Sagaing Hill.
Enjoy your breakfast at hotel, our excellent driver and professional English speaking guide will pick you up from the hotel then visit to Upein Bridge (the world longest teak bridge) with 1086 teak posts and 1. 2km long and over 160years old, Mahagandaryon monastery over 1500 monks are residing and have a look at the life in monastery and silk weaving industry, Myanmar traditional style and since 1803 we continue doing this business.
Then proceed to Ava but the driver will drop you off at the bank of Myitnge River so we have to take the ferry boat. Upon arrival to Ava, use horse cart and enjoy the local life. In Ava, visit Bargayar monastery with 176 teak pillars and the longest teak pillar are 17m and 2. 7m wide built in 1834 AD, leaning tower or Nanmyint tower built in 1822AD and Maenu stucco monastery or Mahaaungmyaebonsan monastery built in 1822AD.
Then start excursion to Sagaing hill by a car crossing the Irrawaddy River (Myanmar longest river). In Sagaing, visit Oominthonese pagoda and Swanooponyashin pagoda.
- Upein Bridge
- Mahargandaryon Monastery
- Traditional Silk Weaving Industry
- Bargayar Monastery
- Nanmyit Tower
- Maenu Stucco Monastery
- Mahaaungmyaebonson Monastery
- Sagaing Hill
- Oominthonese Pagoda
- Swanooponyashin Pagoda
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Mandalay. Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the bus station/gate, train station, jetty, seaport, and airport.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- English speaking station guides
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Car with air-conditioning and driver for mentioned program
- Public boat at Ava
- Horse cart at Ava
- Toll fee and fuel charges for car
- Water and snow towel on tour
- Government tax and service charges
- Donations for leaving slippers at temples
- Camera fee
- Entrance fee or zone fee in each city
- Travel insurance
- Airport tax
- Personal expenditure such as drinks, laundry and others
- Transaction fee
- Tips for guide, driver and others
- Visa fee for Myanmar
- International Airfare
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Please bring slippers as you need to take off and put on shoes again and again. Wear decent clothes when visiting religious sites.
- Additional surcharge will apply if pick up and drop off is from the bus station/gate, train station, jetty, seaport, and airport.