Osaka Shrine and Temple Tour
First, I will meet you in the lobby of the Hilton Hotel Osaka at 2:00 pm and we will head to Ikutama Shrine, claimed by some to be the oldest Shrine in Osaka. I will teach you how to enter a Shrine in the correct manner and how to make an offering. After a short history lesson, we will talk through a few Shrines with beautiful Japanese-style tile roofs, surrounded by ‘Love Hotels’, (LOL), and we will walk to Shitennoji Temple, which claims to be the oldest Buddhist Temple in Osaka.
We will visit three buildings here and offer prayers and then stop at a cemetery as we make our way to the train station. We take two quick transfers (about a 15-minute ride in all) to our next stop, Imamiya Ebisu Shrine. Here, you can pray for the success of your business, take pictures and make offerings.
Then it will be time to eat. I will take you to the famous, Tsutenkaku Tower, where we will view Osaka from above, and then hit a little place for some sake and food.
You will leave this tour with a more in-depth knowledge of not only the difference between Shrines and Temples but also the history of the sites we visit and the history of the area. You will learn a few fun facts about Japan on the way and get to sample Japanese sake and food.
- Enjoy traditional Japanese cuisine
- Admire the spectacular views from Tsutenkaku Tower
- Stroll around Imamiya Ebisu Shrine with its sloped, tiled roof & garden
- Enjoy Shitennoji Temple, which many claim is the oldest Buddhist Temple in Osaka
- Visit the beautiful Ikutama Shrine
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 per booking
- Over 18s only
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- 3 Shrines and 1 Temple
- Interpretive Guide & Translation for 5 hours
- Appetizers and Sake Tasting at the end of the tour
- Lunch for you and Guide
- Tower Fee for entering Tsutenkaku Tower
- Temple & Shrine Fees associated with entering the Temple
- Train ticket fees the time you are on tour with me for you and Guide
- Remember to wear comfortable walking shoes
- Tour starts at 2pm