The Antiques Time Traveller Private Tour From Jakarta
In the morning, get picked up from your hotel for a private tour. Visit the National Museum (closed on Monday). The collection of this museum covers all Indonesia’s territory and almost all of its history. It is an archaeological, ethnological, historical and geographical museum, for sure this national museum keeps the largest collection of Hindu-Buddhist ancient art of Indonesia.
Heading to Jalan Surabaya where upon arrival walking along this straight road that famous for its antique stalls from the wood sculpture, puppet, mask, porcelain, and metal ornament, antique lighting to modern goods like handbags to golf stuff. This market has been there since 1970 that initially only open on the weekends. Enjoy your time to walk around from one stall to another to fill in your curiosity.
Afterwards, transfer to Dapur Babah Elite restaurant for lunch. It is not just a restaurant that served their signature dish, Peranakan cuisine fusion of Javanese spices, Dutch’s rich flavours and Chinese sweet amp; spicy seasoning but also a little art museum with soul and romance displayed through their interior.
Discover the oldest Buddhist temple in Jakarta: Vihara Darma Bakti that was built by a Chinese captain Oei Tjhie in 1755 to replace a previously demolished Buddhist temple that dated back to 1650. Predominately by red the temple interior featuring ancient bell and drums.
Then continue to see another religious landmark, the Santa Maria de Fatima Catholic Church with a very strong Chinese influence with red doors and Chinese style roofs.
- Free pick up and drop off from select hotels in Jakarta City
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Visit Santa Maria de Fatima Catholic Church
- Visit Buddhist Temple
- Visit Antiquities in Surabaya Street
- Visit Visit the National Museum (closed on Monday)
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 11 hours
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up and drop off in Jakarta City (Central, North, South, West, East)
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Bottled water and wet tissue
- Entrance, parking and toll fees
- English-speaking guide (other language is subject to surcharge and availability)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in Jakarta City (Central, North, South, West, East)
- Private air-conditioned transportation
- Other services not clearly indicated in the inclusions.
- Items of personal nature ( tipping, souvenir)
- Food, drinks other than mentioned
- Please include you hotel/accommodation name and address when making your booking.
- No refunds will be made if guests do not participate in certain service included in this package.