Jakarta’s Chinatown Charm
Heading to Glodok, Jakarta’s Chinatown established in 1740 when the Dutch forced the Chinese out from the walled city, the area offers up fascinating laneways and markets in an energetic enclave jam-packed with great food and hidden temples.
Next to St. Maria de Fatima, formerly an old 19th-century Chinese mansion, which was transformed into the Catholic Church in 1955. The interior is reminiscent of an affluent Chinese house featuring an exquisite oriental wooden ceiling. The decorations, however, are very much Catholic in style with a statue of St. Maria de Fatima and two carved Chinese lions stand in front of the church, welcoming visitors.
Next Visit Vihara Dharma Bhakti, also known as Jīn dé yuàn or Hokkien Kim Tek Ie. Completed in 1650, is the oldest Chinese temple in Jakarta ", built to honour Kwan I'm whom the temple is dedicated to. Pantjoran Tea House, Standing across Pasar Glodok, the two-storey building combines antique architectural charm with premium teas that are instilled with an important virtue from the past era.
Following the tradition of a generous Chinese captain named Gan Djie during the Batavia era, they provide cups of fine tea for anyone passing by his porch, at no charge, up to eight pots per day. Stay for a while to enjoy the tea and snack, a perfect spot to observe the dynamic flurry that happens on the surrounding historical area.
- Visit Pantjoran Tea House
- Visit Dharma Bhakti Temple
- Visit St Maria de Fatima Church
- Free pick up and drop off from select hotels in Jakarta City
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Jakarta City.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Tea and snack
- Bottled water
- Entrance, toll and parking fees
- English-speaking guide (other language is subject to surcharge and availability)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in Jakarta city
- Private air-conditioned transportation
- Other services not clearly indicated in the inclusions.
- Items of personal nature ( tipping, souvenir)
- Food, drinks other than mentioned
- Please include your hotel name and address when making your booking.