Private Full Day Tour of Lempuyang temple, Tirta Gangga & Virgin Beach
Lempuyang Temple is a sacred temple which is located on the top of Belibis Hill, northeast of Mount Agung, in Karangasem regency.
Lempuyang is one of the six significant Temples in Bali besides Andakasa Temple, Uluwatu Temple, Watukaru Temple, Ulun Danu Batur Temple and Besakih Temple.
In Balinese cosmogony, Lempuyang Luhur is considered temple of the East, the abode of god Iswara, keeper of the peace. The meaning of the word “Lempuyang” which serves as the name of this sacred temple has long been a subject of dispute. Some said the word “Lempuyang” is derived take from the word “Lampu” (light) and “Hyang” (God), the word “Lempuyang” means the “Light of God”. Some say the word “Lempuyang” means a kitchen seasoning that can be used for some traditional medicine. And other said that the word “Lempuyang” is derived from the word “Emong or Empu” that means “guardian”.
Compared to other six major temples of Bali, Lempuyang Luhur is quite small and has only a few shrines which are a padmasana or the shrine of God, two shrines which are similar to padmasana and share a single foundation, dedicated to Hyang Gnijaya.
Tirta Gangga literally means water from the Ganges and it is a site of some reverence for the Hindu Balinese. Strictly, the name refers to the water palace built in 1948 by the Raja of Karangasem, Anak Agung Agung Anglurah Ketut Karangasem. It is, however, the name widely used to refer to the general area which includes the water palace and the grassy rural areas around.
Tirta Gangga water palace is a maze of pools and fountains surrounded by a lush garden and stone carvings and statues. The one-hectare complex was built in 1946 by the late King of Karangasem but was destroyed almost entirely by the eruption of nearby Mount Agung in 1963. It has been lovingly re-built and restored and has an air of authentic royal magnificence.
Trek to Virgin Beach and arrive at the small white sandy beach, feel like a castaway. On this beach, you may rent a chair and Umbrella for relaxing or sunbathing from the local people, find your food at the local food stall. An unforgettable experience!
- Visit to Tirta Gangga literally means water from the Ganges and it is a site of some reverence for the Hindu Balinese
- Visit to Pura Luhur Lempuyang is one of Bali’s oldest and most highly regarded temples
- Visit Virgin beaches untouched sandy white beach and relax
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- The adult price applies to all travellers
- A minimum of 2 participants per booking
- Pick-up serviceNusa Dua/Jimbaran 09:00 am Kuta, Legian,Seminyak 09:00 am Sanur 09:00 am Ubud 09:00 am Karangasem 09:00 am
- Disability ServicesNot wheelchair accessible.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- On Request
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 4 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Fuel surcharge
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Pick up starts at 9am and the tour lasts for 10 hours.