Experience Balinese Daily Life (with visit to Jatiluwih)
In the morning, drive from your hotel to Tunjuk village to experience local Balinese life while in the same time you will supporting a community based tourism project. Upon arrival in Tunjuk village, a short visit to an elementary school (closed on weekends and public holiday) before join in to the village home base.
Walk with the local farmers to their rice fields, where you will learn how to plant, transplants or harvest rice (depending on season). You may also have the opportunity to ride cows or buffalos, Balinese called it as Metekap. Metekap is a traditional ways to process the rice field before plant the rice using a traditional tool with a pair of cow or buffalo. Nowadays, metekap in traditional way rarely found as farmer mostly uses a machine to ploughing.
Next, walk around the beautiful rice fields to observe the daily activities of the village. Near to the rice field you’ll visit other smaller plantations where you will see locals will demonstrate their ability to climb up the coconut trees and gather young coconuts for some refreshment.
Afterward, return to the home base where you will observe the boiling of cassava in the traditional kitchen before enjoying a delicious lunch at the farm. Continue heading north through a small wreck road to reach Jatiliuih village. Along the way your eyes are pampered with alluring scenery.
Upon arrival at Jatiluih it is the highlight, a spacious fascinated rice terrace in Bali. You will be taken back to your hotel after a day of fun-filled activities.
- Walk around the beautiful rice fields to observe the daily activities of the village
- Walk with the local farmers to their rice fields, where you will learn how to plant, transplants or harvest rice
- Visit Tunjuk village to experience local Balinese life while in the same time you will supporting a community based tourism project
- Free pick up and drop off from select hotels in Bali
- Free on-board Internet WiFi Connection
- Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from hotels in Bali (luwatu, Sawangan, Nusa Dua, Tanjung Benoa, Jimbaran, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Denpasar, Sanur, Central Ubud and surrounding areas)
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Bottled water and wet towel
- Fuel, entrance, toll and parking fees
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off in most Bali area
- Private air-conditioned transportation with onboard WiFi
- Food, drinks, or services other than mentioned
- Any expense of personal nature
- No refunds will be made if guests are not taking certain service included in the package
- We recommend you wear comfortable/suitable footwear/clothing for this tour.