Best of Ubud Private Full-Day Tour: Waterfall, Rice Terraces, Art Villages
You will be picked up from your accommodation by your driver around 8 am for the drive to your first stop, Batuan Temple, where you'll arrive in about one hour. This Hindu temple is looked after by the villagers of the Batuan countryside and features Balinese ornamentation with a roof made from the fibre of chromatic black palm trees.
Then visit Tegenungan Waterfall, one of the few waterfalls in Bali that is not situated in the highlands or mountains. It's only about 50 feet high (15 meters), so you can jump right into the waterfall if you wish (just after paying for insurance). Tegenungan is known for its lush green surroundings, and heavy water flows, perfect for swimming and cooling off.
Next, head to the Tegalalang Rice Fields near Ubud, where Subak (a traditional Balinese cooperative irrigation system) is practised. According to local history, Subak was passed down by a revered holy man named Rsi Markandeya in the eighth century. Admire the view from here that spreads out to the rice terraces on the slopes across the valley.
After this, proceed to a coffee, cocoa, and tea plantation in Ubud, where Luwak coffee is made from the beans of coffee berries that have been eaten by the Asian palm civet, a cat-like animal, and passed through its digestive tract, where fermentation occurs.
After the civet excretes the berries, they are collected by farmers from the forest floor for cleaning, roasting, and grinding, just like any other coffee. You will be shown the process of making this coffee and can enjoy a tasting of the plantation's coffee, tea, and cocoa drinks (included, except for the Luwak, which you can purchase).
Continue your day trip to the Ubud art villages to learn about the fine arts produced here. Balinese art and crafts have been classified into several groups and styles in Ubud. Mas focuses on the art of woodcarving; Celuk is the place to see patient Balinese artists make silver jewellery, and Tohpati is known as the centre of batik weaving.
Your day trip ends with the return to your hotel for the drop-off in the evening.
- Visit Elepant Cave temple
- Visit Tirta Empul temple
- Discover Balinese art and handicrafts in the Ubud Art Villages
- Visit Batuan temple and the Tegalalang rice terraces
- Cool off with a swim at Tegenungan waterfall
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Minimum of 2 people per booking
- Pick-up servicePick up from Nusa Dua/Jimbaran, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Sanur, Ubud, Karangasem starting at 9am
- Disability ServicesNot wheelchair accessible.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 3 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Parking fee
- Private air-conditioned car for up to 6
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Don't forget to bring towels and a change of clothes for swimming
- Please confirm accommodation details when booking