Private Eger Tour and Wine Tasting
Spend a pleasant day in Eger. Walk around the historical city centre and climb up to the fortress to see the view. Visit some of the wine cellars in Eger. Smell the fruity grapes and learn the secrets of winemaking and of course, taste the local wine called Bull's Blood (Egri Bikavér). Eger is located at the Northeaster part of Hungary, it takes 1,5 hours to get there.
During the guided walking tour in the historical centre, we show you the Basilica, the Lyceum, the charming Dobó Square. Afterwards, we see the 40-meter high Minaret and the Kopcsik Marzipania (the objects made of sugar are listed in the Guinness Book of Records) and climb up to the fortress. The siege of Eger (1552) has become an emblem of national defence, as 2.000 defenders could successfully stop the Ottoman Army of 35.000- 40.000.
Finally, we drive to the Valley of the beautiful Women and visit some of its wine cellars. You have a chance to try the locally produced wines and purchase a bottle as a nice Souvenir.
The tour ends at your hotel.
- Charming Dobó Square
- Turkish Bath and Minaret
- Wine tasting at the Valley of the beautiful Women
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 7 to 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your chosen hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Free hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional tour guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Wine tasting
- Please include all your pick up details when making your booking.
- Wine tasting and lunch are not included in this price.