Full Day Private Danube Bend Tour
Visit Esztergom, Visegrád and Szentendre, the three most beautiful cities in the Danube Bend. Enjoy the picturesque sights in all settlements and get acquainted with the Hungarian history along the "Blue Danube". Have an unforgettable boat tour back to Budapest.
Danube Bend – an excursion into Hungary's history. This is an unforgettable tour along the "Blue Danube" with stops in Esztergom, Visegrád and Szentendre.
Esztergom: It used to be the capital of Hungary and is still the centre of the Catholic Church. We visit the largest cathedral of Hungary (also the burial place of famous cardinals, like Primate József Mindszenty). Afterwards, we glance across the river to Slovakia and enjoy the view over the Basilica.
Visegrád: After the Mongol invasion a new fortification was constructed here in the mid-13th century. Currently, it is a museum (optional visit). The top of the hill offers a fascinating panorama on the Danube valley. After enjoying the view, there is an opportunity to have lunch (not included in the price).
Szentendre: It is a small baroque city built on medieval ruins, located at the gate of the Danube Bend. The town is considered to be the Artists' Village or the Painters' Town. We walk around the historical centre and enjoy the narrow cobblestoned streets as well as the baroque houses. After the guided tour you can also visit some museums (for example the famous Margit Kovács Ceramic Museum or the Confectionery Museum with marzipan figures).
During summer (May-September) we return to Budapest by boat.
The tour ends in the city centre (pier) or at your hotel.
- Interior visit of Hungary's largest cathedral
- Fascinating panorama on the Danube valley
- Guided walking tour in the Artists' Village: Szentendre
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 8 to 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available everyday, all year round
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Budapest.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Free hotel pick up
- Professional tour guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel drop-off
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees to museums
- Boat service between Szentendre and Budapest is available every day from the 1st of May to the 30th of September (except Mondays). In case of low water and out of season we return to Budapest by bus.
- Extras such as lunch (15EURO) Boat Trip (10EURO) and Visegard visit (7EURO) can be added to this tour. Please get in touch before you make you booking to discuss adding this to your trip.