Hungarian Folklore Performance and Dinner & Cruise in Budapest
Combine your Folklore Dance Show with a beautiful Dinner Cruise on the Danube and witness the breathtaking night panorama of Budapest in a 1 hour and 30 minutes long cruise.
The Dinner Cruise includes buffet dinner with Hungarian specialities, a welcome drink and an optional beverage.
Hungary is one of the very few countries where folk-dancing is performed very professionally. The authentic folk-dance shows take place in the Danube Palace and they are performed by The Hungarian State Folk Ensemble, the Danube Folk Ensemble and the Hungaria Folk Ensemble & Orchestra. These are three of the best professional Hungarian folk ensembles with the longest tradition (since 1951, 1957 and 1952).
The performed dances give the viewer a broad insight into Hungarian music, dance and costume heritage, covering traditions of former parts of Hungary as well.
To make your trip as comfortable as possible, we can provide transfer service to the concert and all of its packages (optional), from your accommodation to the theatre and back home after the end of the program.
Feel like a celebrity and order a VIP service with your concert tickets! This service includes Private transfer from your accommodation to the concert hall, the best seats in the theatre, a private host to attend to you before the concert and in the intermission. You will also be treated to a guided tour of the venue in English, a professional photo of you in the theatre, a Hungarian souvenir and a glass of champagne upon the start of the event to make your evening a glamorous, one of a kind experience.
Pick up time is 6:30 pm In cases where you book pick-up & drop off service with your ticket please add your Hotel name and Cell number in the Comment field during the booking process. Please switch on your mobile phone on the date of the pick-up and drop off service from 19:00 to be available for a call from your chauffeur. We also kindly ask you to check in at your receptionist 30-40 minutes prior to your concert start time, to help us find you!
• 19:30: Arrival at the venue (The Danube Palace)
• 19:45: Hostesses escort you to your seats in the theatre
• 20:00: The first part of the performance begins
• 20:45: Intermission – you can have a drink at the bar or chose from our selection of Hungarian souvenirs
• 21:00: The second part of the performance begins
• 21:45: The end of the performance, hostesses will escort you to the ship.
• 22:00: Boarding and departure - You will be offered a welcome drink upon boarding. The buffet dinner will be served when everyone is onboard the ship.
• After dinner, feel free to go out onto the open deck to take photos or just enjoy the nighttime panorama.
• 23:20: Hostesses will be happy to call taxis for you on request. The car can be waiting to take you back to your hotel when you leave the boat.
- Cold entries - Spiced cottage cheese cream and traditional greaves cream
- Soups - Alföld style goulash with small dumplings, From autumn to spring: Vegetable cream soup, Summertime: Cold fruit soup
- Warm main courses - Mini stuffed cabbage, Traditional chicken leg "Paprikasch”, Roasted chicken breast with basil-cheese sauce, Spicy pork rib with thyme – mustard sauce, Roasted sea fish with Chardonnay sauce
- Garnishes and vegetarian - Grilled polenta with feta cheese, Grilled vegetables, Homemade dumplings with spinach and mustard-mushroom sauce, Steamed jasmin rice with corn, Hash-brown potatoes, Steak potatoes, Dumplings
- Salads - Fresh seasonal salads with dressings, Italian pasta salad, Caesar’s salad, Sweet corn salad with mayonnaise
- Desserts - Home-made strudel, Somló style sponge cake, Mini tarts, Dessert variations Európa style, Season fruit basket
Check "View Available Dates" above BOOK NOW to find the dates this tour is available each month.
NOTE: In the case of you not showing up for the pick-up in time and missing the performance as a consequence, we will reschedule your event for a later time if are able to, but without the transfer service. If this is not a possibility or you leave Budapest, the organizer will not be able to refund money to you for any of these services.
- Full Evening Program
- See Traditional Hungarian Folklore performances
- River Cruise along the Danube
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- PLEASE NOTE: VIP Category is for Adults Only
- Pick-up serviceAvailable for 14 EUR / person (pick up included in VIP ticket)
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Dinner or Drinks on the River Cruise
- Folklore Dance Show
- Meeting time or pick up is 30 minutes before performance starts
- PLEASE NOTE: VIP Category is for Adults Only