Great Market Hall Culinary Tour
Join a delicious tour inside the largest and most iconic markets of Budapest! Your insider guide will meet you at the main entrance of the Great Market Hall overlooking the Liberty Bridge and after a brief introduction to the history of the Hungarian kitchen, you will start your descent into the peculiar world of this market.
As you enter the more than a century old building you will be greeted immediately by the true Hungarian mentality. Friendly vendors will offer their goods as your guide introduces you to the local market etiquette and leads you through the best stands. Enjoy a hearty tasting of homegrown local goods at various different stands of the market and meet the people who produced them.
Sample warm scones with several Hungarian salamis such as winter or Mangalica salami and a super-spicy one for the most courageous! If this wasn’t enough, you can chase it down with a wide range of selectable pickled foods like cabbage, lángos, chalice, melons, and naturally, pickles. To avoid leaving with a sour taste in your mouth you’ll be guided to the sweetest stand of the market to try some home-made marmalade such as plum or lavender jam.
Here, you can also taste famous local mushroom creams made from truffles. As the cherry on top, you will be treated to the finest handmade strudels you have ever tasted, made on the spot by a 100% genuine, Hungarian grandma. Enjoy the tastiest sightseeing in Budapest!
- Taste the tipical Hungarian and traditional goods.
- Tour inside the Great Market Hall with a local guide.
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available on Saturdays only
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Local guide in English.
- Tasting of tipical Hungarian food.
- Please meet at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to departure time.