Gellért Spa Scenic Tour and Gellért Spa Entrance Ticket
Are you looking for an exclusive and truly special experience in one of the most famous baths of Budapest? This city is the only capital in the world to have such an abundance of thermal water running under its surface. One of the most definite and popular baths that utilize this miraculous endowment is the Gellért with its fabulous Art-Nouveau style and a wide range of pampering services. Even though you have probably heard about this establishment you are most certainly not aware of what this massive bath hides beneath its floors.
A professional local guide of the bath will lead you into the experience by speaking about the 2000 year history of Gellért while taking you ‘behind the scenes’ into places no visitors are allowed normally. Walking down several stairs, you will explore the water supply system and the huge machines used to operate this facility. The tour will take you into one of the oldest water wells of Budapest, deep under the bath. This water source is not in use anymore however it is still operational.
Walk into the centre of the well and marvel at the vast amount of hot thermal water surrounding you! You can even dip your toe in if you feel like. After emerging from the deepest point of the tour, the next destination will be an even more wondrous, hidden area of the bath. Right next to the current well lays hundreds of meters long tunnel that was once used to transport water between the city’s baths. Nowadays, the tunnel is abandoned and it is extremely rich in natural formations.
Prepare for high humidity and the strong smell of thermal water! The most stunning part in the tunnels is experiencing the miracle of nature softly blending with man-made creations in a beautiful cave that opens right from the tunnel. You can explore this extremely rare sight and learn about how thermal water formed its curved shapes throughout several millenniums. This 45-minute tour is a truly one of a kind and unforgettable journey into a world that remains uncharted for most visitors to Budapest.
Discover a whole new, astonishing side of the Gellért bath with secrets and mysteries at every turn! After a mysterious tour on the base of the astonishing bath, you have a chance to enjoy your day on Gellért bath`s spa, outdoor pools and steam rooms with lots of option. The bathing facility standing here today is the most prestigious one in Budapest, visitable during any time of the year. The fast-track entry tickets provide VIP entrance, so you will be able to avoid queues and relax in a luxurious environment. The large variety of treatments and Thai massages will make your experience even more relaxing.
- Use Gellért bath's spa, outdoor pools and steam rooms
- See one of the oldest water wells of Budapest, deep under the bath
- Learn about the 2000 year history of Gellért
- Experience one of the most famous baths of Budapest
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 1 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour only runs on Saturdays
- Meeting time is 11:00am
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 1 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Private cabin usage
- Tour under the bath
- English guiding service
- The tour is not recommended for those guests who have any problems with their lungs or women during pregnancy, because the high level of humidity.
- Gellért Spa: Budapest, Kelenhegyi út 4, H-1118 In the building of Hotel Gellért by the Buda end of the Freedom Bridge
- If booking the guided tour you should participate it first, and then enjoy the Gellért Spa
- Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the tour starts, at the information desk .