Full Day Private Budapest Explorer Tour
I pick you up from your hotel, or wherever is most comfortable for you, and we head straight to the City Park, this is where our tour starts. City Park has many sightseeing opportunities including the glorious Vajdahunyad Castle, Széchenyi bath (the largest thermal bath in the capital), the Zoo and an outdoor Ice skating rink. We then head to Hero's Square, where I will give you a short lesson regarding the most important figures in Hungarian history.
Along the famous Andrássy Avenue, we can find the beautiful Neo-renaissance mansions and townhouses featuring fine facades. Homes on this street have been featured on televisions shows such as House Hunters International. it is also one of Budapest's main shopping streets with fine cafes, restaurants, theatres and luxury boutiques.
Then we visit a part of the Jewish heritage, the Great Synagogue, which is the biggest synagogue in Europe. We then discover the taste of Hungary in the Central Market Hall where you can find a large selection of Hungarian products, like wines, handicrafts, clothing, many kinds of food products.
We have look inside St Stephen Basilica, where the most important reliquary, the "Holy Right Hand", the mummified hand of St Stephen is placed. We then walk around the gorgeous Hungarian Parliament and Liberty Square to discover the stories behind every statue of it.
Time to rest and refresh! We take a lunch break.
We continue our trip to the Royal Castle District crossing the famous Chain Bridge. We visit the charming Royal Castle with its magical history atmosphere, Matthias Church with its beautiful frescos, and the Fisherman's Bastion. Then we enjoy the best panorama in Budapest from the top of Gellért Hill. We pass by Citadella, the unique Pauline Cave Chapel and the famous art-nouveau Gellért Spa.
- Flexible starting times, meeting point and itinerary
- Professional historian guide
- Step back in time on a historic journey
- See the must-see sights of Budapest
- Visit the most important historical, religious, political and cultural sights of Budapest
- Enjoy the best panoramic view from the top of Gellért Hill
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- The group prices is for 1 - 6 people
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel or preferred location.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 4 days prior to the date of the tour. There is a 50% Cancellation fee to Cancel 2 days prior to the date of the tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Professional full-day guiding service in English
- Transportation tickets
- Hotel pick-up
- food and drinks
- Entrance tickets (~15 - 20 EUR)
- Any expense of personal nature
- Comfortable clothes and shoes is recommended.
- The tour is available with private A/C minivan for extra charge (~200 USD)
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1