Budapest Jewish Heritage Grand Tour
The first part of the Grand Tour includes the whole Essential Tour -Dohány Street Synagogue, Jewish Museum, Martyrs’ Cemetery, Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park, Tree of Life, Heroes’ Temple, Jewish Center.
After a short break, we continue our walk through the Jewish Quarter, on the streets of the former Ghetto, where synagogues, monuments, kosher restaurants and kosher shops can be found.
While your guide tells you important facts and local stories from this area, you also get to know more about Budapest.
During our journey we visit the Memorial Park dedicated to Carl Lutz, then we pass by the famous Gozsdu Passage.
The third station of the Synagogue Triangle is the Kazinczy Street Synagogue (interior visit), which is one of the largest operating orthodox synagogues in Europe, built in art-nouveau style.
At the end of the tour, you have two options: you can accept our invitation to have a cake in the glatt kosher Fröhlich confectionery, or you can receive 10% discount in the glatt kosher Carmel restaurant.
This tour was created for those, who would like to get an overview of the past and present of Hungarian Jewry’s and would like to understand the differences between Hungary's main religious wings.
With the help of English-speaking guides you will be acquainted with the most important chapters of the history and culture of the Hungarian Jewry.
- Jewish Museum with local guiding
- Interior visit of the Dohány Street Synagogue
- Martyrs’ Cemetery
- Holocaust Memorial Park
- Raoul Wallenberg Park
- Tree of Life -Heroes’ Temple (outside visit)
- Jewish Centre
- Carl Lutz Memorial Park
- Madách Square
- Gozsdu Passage
- Orthodox Jewish Quarter
- Interior visit of the Kazinczy Street Synagogue
- Cake in the glatt kosher Fröhlich confectionery or a 10% discount in the glatt kosher Carmel Restaurant.
Tour dates: From 1st May - 30th November
Duration: 3 - 3,5 hours
Monday to Thursday at 10am and 2pm
Fridays and Sundays at 10am ONLY
Saturday NOT available
Meeting time: 15 minutes before the program
Meeting place: In front of Dohány Street Synagogue, Budapest, Dohány street. 2, 1074
- Visit Budapests most important Jewish buildings
- Take a walk through the Jewish Quarter, on the streets of the former Ghetto
- Be acquainted with the most important chapters of the history and culture of the Hungarian Jewry.
- Live English Speaking Guide
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 3 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Live GuideEnglish
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Live Guide
- Tour conducted in English
- Pick up and Drop off from hotels in Budapest
- In front of Dohány Street Synagogue, Budapest, Dohány street. 2, 1074
- Tour available from 1st May to 30th November
- This Tour is not available on Saturdays