The Great Cotes Du Rhone Small Group Private Wine Tour from Avignon
After the pickup at your hotel or accommodation, start your journey in the southern Cotes du Rhone by visiting the beautiful area of GIGONDAS, and try their fine wine elaborated with grapes growing on the highest hills of the area. This fruity red, rich and complex but nicely balanced wine with earthy aromas will tickle your taste buds.
Then move on to CHATEAUNEUF DU PAPE, the world's most famous and the well-known wine of the Côtes du Rhône area. Let us take you to two of the most prestigious wine cellars, taste several reds and whites of different years and discover the winemaking process and the terroir type.
Have a gastronomic lunch in a beautiful place in Chateauneuf du Pape, a salad or even a snack in a quaint village's restaurant or get a picnic sandwich, according to your tastes and to weather conditions - at your own expense.
Continue your wine journey by crossing the Rhone river and discover the western side of the Cotes du Rhone's fine wines in Tavel and Lirac:
TAVEL Proclaimed first "rosé de France", king of rosés by the Pope Innocent VI, this fresh and fruity pink is very popular through its quality. We can drink it anytime, as aperitive or with a great variety of meals. Try the Holy Family's Missionary Father's traditional wines.
LIRAC Little known out of the area of the Cotes du Rhone, this typical red has complexity and bouquets, deep ruby robe, and the woods and liquorice developing aromas during ageing, make it an excellent "Vin de Garde". The white and the pink Lirac can also surprise you...
Finally, and if we have time remaining, discover the area of UZES, the most westerly place of Provence and south Cotes du Rhone. The origin of the noble wines of Uzes, satisfying at any occasion, finds its roots in Antic time.
At the beginning of the evening, we will go back to your hotel for a good rest!
- The rose Tavel, fruity and refreshing, is one of the best pinks.
- The famous Chateauneuf du Pape, red or white, will delight your senses.
- The well balanced Lirac is a nice discovery.
- The fruity red of Gigondas is a perfect value for the money !
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, French
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour is available all year long !
- Minimum drinking age in France is 18.
- Pick-up servicePick up in Avignon and around included.
- Disability ServicesWheelchair accessible.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 2 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel/accomodation.
- Visit of our selected cellars with wine tastings.
- Transportation in a comfortable air conditioned minivan, insurance, gasoline and highway fees.
- Personal Expenses
- Comfortable walking shoes are adviced.
- In summer, wearing a hat and sunglasses is recommended.
- This tour is operating in any weather conditions. Please check the weather forecast and dress appropriately.
- Minimum drinking age in France is 18