Private Marseille Half Day Tour In France
Meet your guide in the morning at your Marseille cruise terminal, where you will board your air-conditioned transportation for a fantastic sightseeing experience!
Your first stop is Palais Longchamp built in the mid-1800's; this monument erected in honour of the Marseille Canal opening.
There are three main parts to the Palais Longchamp - the chateau d'eau, east wing of the palace which houses the Musee des Beaux-Arts (Fine Arts Museum) and the west wing which houses the Museum d'Histoire Naturelle (Natural History Museum).
Your next stop is the famous Basilica de Notre-Dame de la Garde, perhaps the city's most well-known symbol at the highest point in Marseille, depicting a variety of biblical scenes including Noah's Arc.
Time to move on to a couple of other stops, one being the Palais Pharo Napoleon built by Napoleon III.
Your final stop is the Vieux Port (the Old Port), which has been the natural harbour since antiquity.
It is now primarily a pedestrian area containing many shops and restaurants.
Your guide will share the history of the port from its time as a trading post to being a hub for maritime activity.
This magnificent area was the setting for "The Count of Monte Crist" by Alexandre Dumas, as well as several scenes in the James Bond novel, "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".
You will have a little more than an hour to explore this area and, if you like, have lunch at your own expense.
Your guide will return you to your Marseille cruise terminal at the end of this spectacular adventure!
- Visit the stunning Palais Longchamp, built in the mid-1800's
- Explore Basilica de Notre-Dame de la Garde, perhaps the city's most well-known symbol at the highest point in Marseille, depicting a variety of biblical scenes including Noah's Arc.
- Stop at Palais Pharo Napoleon built by Napoleon III.
- Tour Vieux Port (the Old Port), which has been the natural harbour since antiquity
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This tour caters for groups of 1 - 8 people
- Live GuideEnglish, French
- Pick-up servicecruise terminal or Hotel Adress
- Disability ServicesOne collapsable wheelchair are accepted
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Fuel and toll charges
- Driver / air-condtioned transport
- Private Guide
- Lunch ,Meals or Snacks
- Entrance Fees
- Comfortable foot wear
- Hat or Umbrella in hot weather