Prague Beer and Czech Tapas Private Tour
Experience Prague as a true local. Visit some of the most popular beer halls in the city and indulge in our Bohemian lifestyle. Prepare your taste buds for a fair share of the local beer culture, which involves much more than just drinking. Let us treat you to a wide selection of beers, a variety of traditional Czech tapas, and unbelievable stories from our beer-infused past.
Did you know that Czechs are the biggest consumers of beer per capita in the world? Spend one evening in the beer halls of Prague and you will understand why. This title is not only well-deserved but it also has a strong basis in our history and culture. Let us show you how it works in practice.
We will meet you at the top of Wenceslas Square, where the Velvet Revolution of 1989 that released the country from its communist regime took place. From there, the tour might take you to the formerly industrial neighbourhood of Žižkov, which boasts with the highest concentration of pubs per one square kilometre. Or perhaps your guide will take you to the wonderfully off-the-beaten district of Dejvice, full of hidden pubs with menus in Czech only. Either is a good place to start your beer adventure!
The first stop offers several beers on tap, from the popular lagers to the less-common ales. You can go for one of the big names, such as the world-renowned Pilsner Urquell, or give a chance to some of the local microbreweries; both will be worth it. And because we always like to chew on something while sipping our beer, you will get a chance to taste some of the traditional Czech appetizers, which are so popular that they even have their own category of “beer tapas” in restaurant menus.
For our next stop, the tram takes us to the picturesque neighbourhood of Vinohrady renowned for its beautiful architecture. In the popular local brewery, you will be overwhelmed with the wide selection of beers on tap. Don’t worry, your guide will not leave you alone in that decision. They have one of the best-pickled sausages in town. Or it may be that instead of Vinohrady, you’ll continue the path less-travelled to Bubeneč where our favourite microbrewery has opened not too long ago. And believe us, that’s a place you will definitely not want to miss!
Where will you go next? Depending on the season and the current selection of beers, your guide will choose this place for you. Who knows, maybe there will even be a live band playing that night! One thing is for sure – you will get a delicious drink there and another kind of beer tapas to go with it. There’s so much you haven’t tried yet!
Your final stop will be close to the New Town in one of our favourite beer halls. If you feel like there’s anything else you need to know about beer, beer-brewing or beer-drinking in this country, now is your last chance to ask. And before your last cheers, don’t forget to tap your guide for further recommendations for other great beer halls of Prague.
- Witness the Czech beer culture at its best
- Avoid over-priced bars and visit some of the most reputable beer halls and microbreweries that only true locals frequent
- Enjoy a rich variety of local beers, from the most popular ones to some of the lesser-known kinds
- Try delicious Czech tapas traditionally served alongside beer
- Hear stories from the history of beer-brewing in the Czech Republic and learn about the Bohemian state of mind
- Soak up the unique atmosphere surrounding beer drinking in Prague and indulge in the popular habit of socializing over our favourite drink
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 to 5 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Over 18s Only
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- On Request
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tram and metro ride
- 5 beers & 4 traditional beer snacks/tapas
- Prague beer map
- Any expense of personal nature ( Souvenirs etc)
- Additional drinks/meals
- You must be 18+ to enjoy this tour so please bring valid photo I.D.
- You are welcome to taste more beers during the tour at your own expense. You can order a non-alcoholic beverage instead of beer on your wish.
- Tasting of Czech 'beer tapas' is one portion split between two people.
- We reserve the right to change the route of the tour and any places visited in the unlikely events that one of the beer venues is closed. If menus change then we will pick the best alternative for the Czech beer tapas.
- The tour will end in Wenceslas Square and will finish between 9-10pm.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1