Prague Food By Foot Tour
Many guidebooks speak solely of Prague’s hearty, carnivorous, traditional fare, relaying only outdated information of our city’s bursting food scene. We’re here to show you otherwise!
Join us as we make a whirlwind tour of Prague’s food, drink, and cultural scene. This is more than just a food tour, this is a chance to get to know the people, the lifestyle, the history, and ups and downs of the city. It’s a cultural excursion set around good food, drink, and conviviality — just as a food tour should be!
We’ll start things out right in a modern bistro with a knack for things homemade. A short walk through an up-and-coming neighbourhood in Prague will show us that even the parts outside the centre are well worth exploring and learning about, and will leave you wanting more food. Not to worry though, because before long we’ll be sitting in a modern classic Czech pub, enjoying a homemade soda or a lager paired with some traditional pub fare from locally sourced ingredients. This boozer is a great place to learn a bit about the history of the region and how seriously we take our beer.
Although we love our pubs dearly, our next place is a mere stone’s throw away and we don’t want to keep it waiting. This restaurant/bakery was awarded the Bib Gourmand in the 2017 Michelin Guide, and they don’t disappoint. With a focus on homemade and homegrown, this place is a paradise for your tastebuds. They play with fermentation, wood-fire baking and roasting, as well as natural foods and herbs. Sound intriguing? You should taste it.
Continuing along the old dusty path (possibly literally), we’ll have ourselves a quick digestif from a family-owned, all-natural distillery whose plums come from the environmentally protected region of the White Carpathians — a real taste of our Moravia region. Our feet will have a short break as we take public transit towards another stunning neighbourhood. There, we’ll have house-roasted coffee and cake at a cosy café before making our way to a beer garden in a park and catching a stunning view of our city that is to die for.
- Savour exceptional food and drink from local cafés, pubs, and restaurants
- Ride public transit and experience three distinct districts of Prague
- Learn about the food you’re eating, the drink in your hand, and the city around you
- Catch surprising and beautiful city views that show how Prague is seen by locals
- Eat more food than you probably should!
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 4 to 5 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Travellers under 12 years old are not permitted to join the tour
- Easy CancellationNon-refundable
- On Request
- Food-loving and English-speaking local guide
- 8 food and 5 beverage tastings of traditional Czech cuisine
- Ticket for public transportation
- Map with personalised recommendations
- Any expense of personal nature not mentioned above
- Additional food and drinks
- Transportation to/from the meeting and end points
- Vegetarians, celiacs and people with other allergies MUST get in touch with us before making your booking so that we can ensure we are able to cater to your requirements, as all food is arranged in advance.
- We reserve the right to change the course of the tour and places visited in case one of the venues is closed. In the event of a change of menu, we will pick the best alternative, ensuring no loss in quality or quantity of inclusions.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes. In summer months, bring a hat and sunscreen. This tour departs rain or shine, so you may want to bring an umbrella, depending on the weather.
- The tour will end at the Beer garden at Letná Park.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1