Jewish Interest Tour Dubrovnik
Despite the small size of Dubrovnik's Old Town, the synagogue of Dubrovnik has global significance and was the central part of Jewish heritage in Dubrovnik throughout the history.
The second oldest, still active, synagogue in Europe (after the one in Prague), it was established in 1408 and its present interior dates from 1652.
Today there are only a handful of Jews still living here and the synagogue is mostly a museum - but from time to time prayer services are still held by visiting rabbis.
We will start our special tour in front of Onofrio's fountain and continue along the main street Stradun, towards Zudioska (Jewish) Street where the Jewish community once lived.
Then we will visit the synagogue and its remarkably well-preserved and historically significant interior, together with a small but remarkable Jewish museum, holding precious 13th and 14th century Torahs and many valuable documents related to the history of Jews in Dubrovnik.
After the visit to the Synagogue and the Jewish Museum, the tour continues with exploring the magnificent cultural heritage of Dubrovnik and tells the story of the historically significant Jewish community and the time they lived in.
- Learn about Dubrovnik from professional, licensed guide
- Visit one of the oldest Synagoges in the world
- Learn about the rich history of Jewish community in Dubrovnik
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 2 hours
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- This is an ideal tour for Cruise Ship stops
- Pick-up serviceAvailable upon request
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Entrance fee to the Synagogue
- Professional, licensed local guide
- Personal expenses
- On certain dates there will be significant number of visitors in Dubrovnik and tour will be conducted accordingly
- Certain amount of steps inside the Synagogue
- Sturdy shoes recommended
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1