Croatian War of Independence - Dubrovniks Story Tour
1991 was the worst year in history for the city of Dubrovnik. That was the first time the city was attacked and although it was severely damaged its beauty never left it.
One of the most important dates of 1991's War of Independence was St Nicola's day, December 6th, when the city was bombed for more than 10 hours continuously.
That was also the day when the Croatian army stopped the enemy army on their way to conquer the Mediterranean jewel.
The symbol of the war and the defence, stands still, on top of the hill Srdj, Fort Imperial.
This tour we will start with cable car ride to the top of the hill where we will visit the War Museum. Don't forget the handkerchiefs because what you will see up there is emotional, but what brings the tears even better is the moment you leave the museum and the tour takes you to the panoramic lookout above the town and you realize the city was brought up from the ashes just like a Phoenix would do.
This Tour will take us back to the city centre where we will take a stroll down the narrow streets of Dubrovnik and I will tell you the story on how life was under the siege.
- Visit a War museum and learn about the war and life in Dubrovnik in 1991
- Enjoy in cable car ride
- Learn about Republic of Croatia and former Republic of Yugoslavia
- Learn about the rich history of Dubrovnik Republic
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 4 hours
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up serviceAvailable upon request
- Ship to shore “Stress-free” tour guarantee.Get a full refund for non-docking ships or late port arrivals.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Entrance fee to War museum
- Cable car tickets
- Professional, licensed local guide
- Personal expenses
- On certain dates there will be significant number of visitors in Dubrovnik and the tour will be conducted accordingly
- Sturdy shoes recommended, dirt and uneven grounds at top of the Srdj Hill
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1