8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Tour
This Classical tour is an 8-day magical journey that begins and ends in Lhasa. In this tour, we will visit many stunning destinations. All of the main tourist attractions are included: The Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor street, Drepung and sera monastery with Gyantse Kumbum and Shigatse Tashi Lhunpho monastery.
We will have the opportunity to admire so much beautiful scenery along the way, such as the glistening turquoise coloured Yamdrok Tso Lake, the striking Karo glacier, and the alluring views of Mt. Everest, the highest most magnificent mountain in the world, from Everest Base Camp.
- Visit All the Holy Cultural Landmarks in Lhasa
- Visit Drepung Monastery: with the monks debate
- Visit the Base Camp Of the Highest Mountain In the World
- Visit Sera Monastery: One of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet
- Visit Jokhang Temple: Spiritual Center for Buddhists in Tibet
- Visit Potala Palace: Winter palace of the Dalai Lama
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour:
- Duration: 8 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Minimum amount of participants is 2 and maximum is 12
- Tour is Available all year
- For first-time travelers to Tibet, We Recommend Having a Good Sleep in your Hotel Room in order to Get Acclimatized to the High Altitude in Tibet
- Pick-up servicePick ups and drop offs from your hotel airport and train station in Lhasa
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation between airport/train statin and Hotel at designated time
- All necessary travel permits for Tibet (excluding the Chinese visa)
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation with experienced local driver
- Chinese visa
- Lunches and Dinners, Breakfast at Rongpuk Monastery
- Tips to driver and tour guide
- Single room supplement if clients request a private room in hotels
After arriving in Lhasa, your local tour guide will meet you at the airport or train station, to transfer you to your hotel for an overnight stay to help you acclimatise to the high altitude.
Your Tour will begin from the UNESCO World Heritage site the( Potala Palace) the winter palace of Dalai Lama.
It's situated at 12,139 feet above sea level and is a 13-story high building containing over 1,000 rooms, with various statues, stupas, murals and artefacts.
We will then continue to Jokhang Temple, another UNESCO World Heritage site.
It’s a spiritual centre for Buddhists in Tibet. Next, to the temple there is Barkhor Street, filled with pilgrims and street vendors, selling traditional Tibetan items such as prayer wheels and jewellery.
In the morning, you will be visiting the Drepung monastery that is one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416.
Ganden palace is used as Dalai Lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala Palace.
In the afternoon we will visit the Sera Monastery one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1419. The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
We will drive from Lhasa to Gyantse, Admiring the Gampala pass (4790 m) on the way, to getting a glimpse of the Yamdrok-Tso (4400m), which is surrounded by snow-capped mountains.
Then continue our tour west towards Gyantse. In Gyantse, we will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum. followed by a one and a half hour's drive, we will arrive in Shigatse, the second largest city in Tibet.
Driving to Lhatse, where we will take lunch. Then its a drive to Shegar, if the weather is clear enough, we will get views of Mt. Everest in the distance.
On our journey of 4 - 6 hours, we will be passing the Pang La Pass, one of the highest passes in Tibet at 5050m with views of the five highest peaks in the world. We will continue to the Rongbuk monastery.
Early morning, tourists can see the unique sunrise appearing on the top of Mt Everest, with full views of the magnificent Mount.
Tourists may trek from their tent to the base of camp, 4km one way, or go to EBC by local bus. Then we will drive back to Shigatse.
Today we will explore the Tashilunpo monastery of Gelug Sect, the seat of the Panchen Lama, built in 1447.
The monastery houses a giant statue of the Maitreya Buddha - the most prominent gilded statue of Maitreya (Buddha of the future) in the world.
Also featured is a tomb of all the Panchen Lama, containing jewels and gold.
In the afternoon, you will drive back to Lhasa, which will take around 6 hours.
All clients transferred to the airport or train station.
- Remember to Bring Sensible Clothing and Footwear
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1