7 Days Lhasa to Kathmandu Overland Small Group Tour
This 7-day overland tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu follows the Sino-Nepal highway, which offers you amazing views of the Himalaya and the picturesque Tibetan countryside.
The visit to the old cities: Lhasa, Gyantse and Shigatse, will give you a complete impression of Tibet's religion, cultural treasures, and dreamlike landscape.
The highlight of the trip is Everest Base Camp which we will visit en route will be a lifetime memory to overcome yourself and get higher to the top of the world.
- Potala Palace: Winter palace of the Dalai Lama
- Temple: Spiritual Center for Buddhists in Tibet
- Sera Monastery: Another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, the hot attraction is monks debate
- Drepung Monstery: Drepung used to be a seat of central government until the 5th Dalai Lama built Potala Palace
- Namtso Lake:It is the
- Yamdrok-tso: One of the three largest sacred lakes in Tibet
- Tashilunpo Monastery: the seat of Tibet's second highest incarnation, the Panchen Lama
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 7 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- There is a supplement for single occupancy
- This tour runs until November 2019
- Pick-up servicePick up from Lhasa Airport or train station
- Easy CancellationDate of Cancellation 1 month in advance 20% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. 7 to 29 days in advance 30% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. Less than 7 days in advance 50% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. No show 100% of total trip cost
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All necessary travel permits for Tibet (excluding the Chinese visa)
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation with experienced local driver during tour
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation between airport/train statin and Hotel at designated period of time
- Experienced Local Tibetan private guide
- 4 nights of 3 star hotels twin sharing accommodation with breakfast, 1 night Dorm or Big Tent with humble accommodation near Rongpuk Monastery, 1 night at Local Basic Hotel in Kyilong
- One welcome or welfare dinner
- All admission fee of tourists sites listed in the itinerary
- Oxygen bottles/Oxygen tank cylinder provided during the tour days in Tibet
- Chinese visa
- Lunches and Dinners, Breakfast at Rongpuk Monastery
- Tips to driver and tour guide
- Single room supplement if clients request a private room in hotels
- Kyilong border to Kathmandu land transfer, if clients need this service, please make a reservation in advance
After arriving in Lhasa, a local tour guide will welcome you at the airport/train station, then transfer the guests to the hotel.
Acclimatize the high altitude in the hotel.
Overnight stay in Lhasa.
The tour will begin from the UNESCO World Heritage site - Potala Palace, which is also the winter palace of Dalai Lama.
It's situated at 12,139 feet above sea level and is a 13-story high building that contains over 1,000 rooms, various statues, stupas, murals and artefacts.
Then continue to Jokhang Temple, another UNESCO World Heritage site and is a spiritual centre for Buddhists in Tibet.
Next, to the temple there is Barkhor Street, filled with pilgrims and street vendors, selling traditional Tibetan items such as prayer wheels and jewellery.
In the morning, tourists are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416.
Ganden palace is used as Dalai Lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala Palace.
In the afternoon you will visit Sera Monastery which was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419.
The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
In the morning, drive from Lhasa to Shigatse. On the way, drive over the Gampala pass (4790 m), and tourists will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-Tso (4400m).
The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains and in the distance, clients can have spectacular views of Holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa.
Gyantse was historically Tibet's third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse).
In Gyantse, tourists will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum.
After one and a half driving, we arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet.
In Shigatse, tourists will visit Tashilunpo Monastery, the seat of Tibet's second highest incarnation, the Panchen Lama.
Drive to Lhatse, which is a small town where tourists can have lunch.
Then, head to Shegar and if the weather is clear enough then on the way down to Shegar tourists will view the Mt Everest in the distance.
After 4 to 6 hours drive, tourists will arrive at Rongbuk monastery but on the way, they will pass one of the highest Passes in Tibet (pang la pass height 5050m) from that’s pass they will view the whole five highest peaks in the world.
the morning, if the weather is good, tourists can see the sunrise on the top of Mt Everest, after visiting the base camp, drive to Tongla pass to see the panoramic view of Himalaya mountain range.
Then driving down to Kyilong, which is surrounded by forest and with a lower altitude of about 2600m.
In the morning, drive to the new tourist border – Kyilong, where the tour guide will assist clients to check out of the border.
End the tour at the border.
if clients need to book an overland transfer between Kyilong border to Kathmandu, please make the reservation in advance.
- If you require a Kyilong border to Kathmandu land transfer please email email@example.com for prices and availability
- If passengers are less than 3 per transfer, we may use publish transportation like public airport bus or Taxi instead of using our shuttle service.
- If tourists picking-up/dropping-off time is beyond our fixed schedule, they are required to pay for a private transfer
- Tour level easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups