10 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp and Namtso Lake Small Group Tour
This is the Classic tour itinerary to visit Lhasa, Everest Base camp and the holy lake Namtso lake.
If you are not used to the high altitude, then this is one of the best itineraries that cover the all the Lhasa main tourist sites like Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street, Drepung and Sera Monastery with Gyantse Kumbum and Shigatse Tashi Lhunpho Monastery.
Tourists can see so much natural scenery like the beautiful sacred lake YamdrTsotso and Karo Glacier with beautiful views of Mt. Everest, the highest mountain in the world from Everest Base Camp.
Namtso Lake is the second largest alpine saline lake in Tibet with an altitude of 4,718 meters above sea level.
Its surrealistic beauty will take your breath away in no time.
- Potala Palace: Winter palace of the Dalai Lama
- Jokhang Temple: Spiritual Center for Buddhists in Tibet
- Sera Monastery: One of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, the hot attraction is monks debate
- Drepung Monstery: Drepung used to be a seat of central government until the 5th Dalai Lama built Potala Palace
- Namtso Lake: It is the
- Mt. Everest: The highest mountain in the world
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- This tour runs from April to October 2020
- This tour is only suitable for children aged 12 and upwards
- There is a supplement for single occupancy
- Pick-up servicePick up from Lhasa Airport or train station
- Easy CancellationDate of Cancellation 1 month in advance 20% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. 7 to 29 days in advance 30% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. Less than 7 days in advance 50% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. No show 100% of total trip cost
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All necessary travel permits for Tibet (excluding the Chinese visa)
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation with experienced local driver during tour
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation between airport/train statin and Hotel at designated period of time
- Experienced Local Tibetan private guide
- 7 nights of 3 star hotels twin sharing accommodation with breakfast, 2 night Dorm or Big Tent with humble accommodation at Rongpuk Everest area and the shore of Namtso Lake
- One welcome or welfare dinner
- All admission fee of tourists sites listed in the itinerary
- Oxygen bottles/Oxygen tank cylinder provided during the tour days in Tibet
- Chinese visa
- Lunches and Dinners, Breakfast at Rongpuk at Namtso Lake
- Tips to driver and tour guide
- Single room supplement if clients request a private room in hotels
After arriving in Lhasa, a local tour guide will welcome you at the airport/train station, then transfer the guests to the hotel.
Acclimatize the high altitude in the hotel.
Overnight stay in Lhasa.
The tour will begin from the UNESCO World Heritage site - Potala Palace, which is also the winter palace of Dalai Lama.
It's situated at 12,139 feet above sea level and is a 13-story high building that contains over 1,000 rooms, various statues, stupas, murals and artefacts.
Then continue to Jokhang Temple, another UNESCO World Heritage site and is a spiritual centre for Buddhists in Tibet.
Next, to the temple there is Barkhor Street, filled with pilgrims and street vendors, selling traditional Tibetan items such as prayer wheels and jewellery.
In the morning, tourists are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416.
Ganden palace is used as Dalai Lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala Palace.
In the afternoon you will visit Sera Monastery which was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419.
The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
In the morning, drive from Lhasa to Shigatse. On the way, drive over the Gampala pass (4790 m), and tourists will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-Tso (4400m).
The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains and in the distance, clients can have spectacular views of Holy Mount Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) the highest mountain near Lhasa.
Gyantse was historically Tibet's third largest city (after Lhasa and Shigatse).
In Gyantse, tourists will visit the famous Pelkor Monastery and Gyantse Kumbum.
After one and a half driving, we arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet.
In Shigatse, tourists will visit Tashilunpo Monastery, the seat of Tibet's second highest incarnation, the Panchen Lama.
Drive to Lhatse, which is a small town where tourists can have lunch.
Then, head to Shegar and if the weather is clear enough then on the way down to Shegar tourists will view the Mt Everest in the distance.
After 4 to 6 hours drive, tourists will arrive at Rongbuk monastery but on the way, they will pass one of the highest Passes in Tibet (pang la pass height 5050m) from that’s pass they will view the whole five highest peaks in the world.
In the morning, tourists can see the sunrise appear on the top of Mt Everest, and have a full view of the magnificent Mount.
Tourists may trek from tent to the base camp 4km one way, or go to the base camp by local bus. Then drive back to Shigatse.
Today, explore Tashilunpo monastery of Gelug Sect, the seat of the Panchen Lama, built in 1447.
The monastery houses a giant statue of the Maitreya Buddha - the biggest gilded statue of Maitreya (Buddha of the future) in the world and a tomb of all the Panchen Lama, containing jewels and gold.
In the afternoon, you will drive back to Lhasa, which will take around 6 hours.
In the morning, drive from Lhasa to Lake Namtso.
On the way, clients can see Nyenchen Thanglha( snow mountain ranges )and lots of nomads tent with grazing yak and sheep densely-populated around the mountainside.
Namtso Lake is the Heavenly Lake which is one of the four holy lakes of Tibet and also the highest salt lake.
You can do a very relaxing trek around the lakeside and Tashi Island.
To spend a night at Lakeshore is fantastic to see the stars.
Enjoy the clear morning at the lake shore; you can trek along the lake shore to Tashi Dor Island to explore the meditation caves.
Drive to Dumxung to have lunch.
In the afternoon, tourists may enjoy Yangpachen hot spring (Optional) and have both indoor and outdoor swimming pool filled with hot springs water.
Finally, head back to Lhasa.
Transfer clients to the airport or train station.
- If passengers are less than 3 per transfer, we may use publish transportation like public airport bus or Taxi instead of using our shuttle service.
- If tourists picking-up/dropping-off time is beyond our fixed schedule, they are required to pay for a private transfer
- Moderate trip level - suitable for those having average level for fitness, family with kids bigger than 12 years.