8 Days Central Tibet and Namtso Small Group Tour
Enjoy this multi-day tour and explore Tibet through some of its impressive sights including Potala Palaces, Jokhang temples, Drepung and Sera monastery, snow-capped mountains of Nyenchen Thanglha and holy lakes Yamdrok, real Tibetan villages and nomads.
Lhasa is one of the highest cities in the world with the altitude of about 3600 meters and prides the world-highest salt lake Namtso.
Tourists will also visit the mystical Buddhist monasteries of the Kumbum Stupa in Gyantse and the Tashilhunpho monastery in Shigatse.
- Potala Palace: Winter palace of the Dalai Lama
- Jokhang Temple: Spiritual Center for Buddhists in Tibet
- Sera Monastery: Another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, the hot attraction is monks debate
- Drepung Monstery: Drepung used to be a seat of central government until the 5th Dalai Lama built Potala Palace
- Namtso Lake: It is the
- Tashilunpo monastery: The seat of the Panchen Lama
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- There is a supplement for single occupancy
- This is a small group tour with a maximum of 12 people
- This tour runs from April to October 2019
- Pick-up servicePick up from Lhansa Airport or train station
- Easy CancellationCancellation policy: 1 month in advance 20% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. 7 to 29 days in advance 30% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. Less than 7 days in advance 50% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. No show 100% of total trip cost
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All necessary travel permits for Tibet (excluding the Chinese visa)
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation with experienced local driver during tour
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation between airport/train statin and Hotel at designated period of time
- Experienced Local Tibetan private guide
- 6 nights of 3 star hotel twin sharing accommodation with breakfast (B.B), 1 night Lake Shore Guest House Dorm with humble facility without breakfast
- One welcome or welfare dinner
- All admission fee of tourists sites listed in the itinerary
- Oxygen bottle provided during the trip
- Chinese visa
- Lunches and Dinners
- Tips to driver and tour guide
- Single room supplement if clients request a private room in hotel
After arriving in Lhasa, a local tour guide will welcome you at the airport/train station, then transfer the guests to the hotel.
Acclimatize the high altitude in the hotel.
Overnight stay in Lhasa.
The tour will begin from the UNESCO World Heritage site - Potala Palace, which is also the winter palace of Dalai Lama.
It's situated at 12,139 feet above sea level and is a 13-story high building that contains over 1,000 rooms, various statues, stupas, murals and artefacts.
Then continue to Jokhang Temple, another UNESCO World Heritage site and is a spiritual centre for Buddhists in Tibet.
Next, to the temple there is Barkhor Street, filled with pilgrims and street vendors, selling traditional Tibetan items such as prayer wheels and jewellery.
In the morning, tourists are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416.
Ganden palace is used as Dalai Lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala Palace.
In the afternoon you will visit Sera Monastery which was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419.
The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Drive from Lhasa to Lake Namtso where on the way, clients will see Nyenchen Thanglha (snow mountain ranges) and lots of nomads with yak and sheep grazing nearby.
Namtso Lake is the "Heavenly Lake" which is one of the four holy lakes of Tibet and also the highest salt-lake.
You can do a very relaxing trek around the lakeside and Tashi Island.
Overnight you will stay at Namtso Guestroom.
After breakfast clients will enjoy the morning at the lake shore and trek along to Tashi Dor Island to explore the meditation caves.
Afterwards, drive to Dumxung to have lunch.
In the afternoon, tourists may enjoy Yangpachen hot spring (optional) and both indoor and outdoor swimming pool filled with hot spring´s water before heading back to Lhasa.
Travel to Gyantse where on the way, tourists will catch a glimpse of Yamdrok (4400m).
The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains and in the distance, you can enjoy spectacular views of Holy Mountain Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) - the highest mountain near Lhasa.
Afterwards, head to visit the famous Pelkor Monastery (also known as Gyantse Kumbum).
After one and a half hour's driving, clients will arrive in Shigatse, which is the second largest city in Tibet.
In the morning, visit Tashilunpo monastery of Gelug Sect - the seat of the Panchen Lama, built in 1447.
The monastery houses a giant statue of the Maitreya Buddha - the biggest gilded statue of Maitreya (Buddha of the future) in the world and a tomb of all the Panchen Lama containing plenty of jewels and gold.
In the afternoon, clients will go back to Lhasa.
Transfer clients to the airport or train station.
- If passengers are less than 3 per transfer, we may use publish transportation like public airport bus or Taxi instead of using our shuttle service.
- If tourists picking-up/dropping-off time is beyond our fixed schedule, they are required to pay for a private transfer
- Tour level easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups