5-Day Lhasa and Ganden Small Group Tour
This tour covers the historical sites like The Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor street and all three biggest monasteries in Tibet, Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery and Ganden Monastery.
Ganden Monastery is the main seat of Geluk order, situated at an elevation of 3800m above sea level.
It is very interesting to trek Lingkor (circle) and you can see the Great Tsongkapa’s meditation cave and the beautiful view of Lhasa valley.
- Potala Palace: Winter palace of the Dalai Lama
- Jokhang Temple: Spiritual Center for Buddhists in Tibet
- Barkhor street: This street surrounds the Johkang Temple and is filled with pilgrims and wide range of souvenirs
- Ganden Monastery: one of the “Great Three” Gelugpa monasteries of Tibet
- Drepung Monstery: Drepung used to be a seat of central government until the 5th Dalai Lama built Potala Palace
- Sera Monastery: Another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, the hot attraction is monks debate
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 5 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- There is a supplement for single occupancy
- The tour runs until November 2019
- Pick-up servicePick up from Lhasa Airport or train station
- Easy CancellationDate of Cancellation 1 month in advance 20% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. 7 to 29 days in advance 30% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. Less than 7 days in advance 50% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. No show 100% of total trip cost
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All necessary travel permits for Tibet (excluding the Chinese visa)
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation with experienced local driver during tour
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation between airport/train statin and Hotel at designated period of time
- Experienced Local Tibetan private guide
- 4 nights of 3 star hotel twin sharing accommodation with breakfast
- One welcome or welfare dinner
- All admission fee of tourists sites listed in the itinerary
- Chinese visa
- Lunches and Dinners
- Tips to driver and tour guide
- Single room supplement if clients request a private room in hotel
After arriving in Lhasa, a local tour guide will welcome you at the airport/train station, then transfer the guests to the hotel.
Acclimatize the high altitude in the hotel.
Overnight stay in Lhasa.
The tour will begin from the UNESCO World Heritage site - Potala Palace, which is also the winter palace of Dalai Lama.
It's situated at 12,139 feet above sea level and is a 13-story high building that contains over 1,000 rooms, various statues, stupas, murals and artefacts.
Then continue to Jokhang Temple, another UNESCO World Heritage site and is a spiritual centre for Buddhists in Tibet.
Next, to the temple there is Barkhor Street, filled with pilgrims and street vendors, selling traditional Tibetan items such as prayer wheels and jewellery.
In the morning, tourists are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416.
Ganden palace is used as Dalai Lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala Palace.
In the afternoon you will visit Sera Monastery which was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419.
The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
Drive to the Ganden Monastery which is one of the “Great Three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet.
The main sight is Serdung, which contains the tomb of Tsongkhapa.
It is very interesting to trek Lingkor (circle around the monastery) and clients can also see the Great Tsongkapa's meditation cave containing many religious statues, and enjoy the beautiful view of Lhasa valley.
Transfer clients to the airport or train station.
- If passengers are less than 3 per transfer, we may use publish transportation like public airport bus or Taxi instead of using our shuttle service.
- If tourists' picking-up/dropping-off time is beyond our fixed schedule, they are required to pay for a private transfer
- f you are a solo traveler, you need to share one room with another tourist (same sex in most cases); if you prefer to stay in one room by yourself, you will have to pay the single room supplement.
- Trip level easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups.