6 Days Lhasa and Lake Namtso Small Group Tour
This is the Classic tour itinerary to visit Lhasa and the holy lake Namtso lake.
Meanwhile, if you are not used to the high altitude, then this is one of the best itineraries that cover the all the main tourist sites in Lhasa like Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street, Drepung and Sera Monastery.
Of course, the highlight of this tour would be one of the must-see attractions sacred lake Namtso.
The heavenly lake is the second largest alpine saline lake in Tibet with an altitude of 4,718 meters above sea level.
Its surrealistic beauty will take your breath away in no time. Just as a tourist noted:" It is one of those rare places on Earth where you feel the beauty of Nature as something material.
You can drink in the air and taste the wind admiring mountains in a place where you feel reluctant to leave."
- Potala Palace: Winter palace of the Dalai Lama
- Jokhang Temple: Spiritual Center for Buddhists in Tibet
- Sera Monastery: One of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, the hot attraction is monks debate
- Drepung Monstery: Drepung used to be a seat of central government until the 5th Dalai Lama built Potala Palace
- Namtso Lake:It is the
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 6 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- There is a supplement for single occupancy
- This tour is available April - October 2019
- Pick-up servicePick up from Lhansa Airport or train station
- Easy CancellationCancellation policy: 1 month in advance 20% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. 7 to 29 days in advance 30% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. Less than 7 days in advance 50% of the total trip cost, excludes the loss caused by refunding air tickets. No show 100% of total trip cost
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- All necessary travel permits for Tibet (excluding the Chinese visa)
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation with experienced local driver during tour
- Tourist bus/minibus transportation between airport/train statin and Hotel at designated period of time
- Experienced Local Tibetan private guide
- 4 nights of 3 star hotel twin sharing accommodation with breakfast, 1 night Lake Shore Guest House Dorm with humble facility without breakfast
- One welcome or welfare dinner
- All admission fee of tourists sites listed in the itinerary
- Oxygen bottle provided during the trip
- Chinese visa
- Lunches and Dinners
- Tips to driver and tour guide
- Single room supplement if clients request a private room in hotel
When you arrive in Lhasa either by train or flight, your guide will greet you and take you to your hotel.
Tourists may view the Yarlung Tsangpo River/ Brahmaputra river (the Longest and largest river in Tibet) and Lhasa river on their way to Lhasa.
After arriving in Lhasa, you can take a rest and get acclimatized to the high altitude.
If you feel to go out, then you can go to the Potala Square, where you will enjoy the fountain with different colours and get amazing photos of the Potala and around.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Today's tour will first bring you to the Potala Palace which is the winter palace of the Dalai Lama.
It was put to use since the 7th Century by the 33rd great king of Tibet.
The most valuable collections of Potala Palace are the gilded burial stupas of former Dalai Lamas and meditation Cave of the 33rd great king of Tibet.
Then after lunch, tourists head to Jokhang temple which was founded by the 33rd great king of Tibet in the 7th century.
Inside you can see the statue of Buddha Sakyamuni at the age of twelve.
Outside, you can see pilgrims making prostrating in front of Jokhang Temple.
Around the temple is Barkhor street, where you can do kora (a religious circle of a building or mountain) with pilgrims and locals, and explore the old market.
Besides, We can taste Tibetan tea with locals in tea house; The welcome dinner will also be arranged accordingly;
With time permitting, you may go with the tour guide to visit Tibetan handicraft art or Tibetan Traditional Medicine centre. You can upgrade your service to enjoy Tibetan Culture Show in the evening for an extra charge.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
In the morning, you are going to visit Drepung monastery which is one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, founded in 1416 by Jamyang choge, one of the Tsongkhapa’s main disciples.
You can visit the biggest monastery kitchen inside the monastery and enjoy Buddhist Sculpture Carving workshop near Drepung.
In the Afternoon, Tourists will visit Sera Monastery which is another one of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet.
The hot attraction is the Monks debate at around 3 - 5 in the afternoon.
In addition, you can tour the Tibetan religious scripture printing house; inside the monastery, you can see three sand Mandalas and colourful Rock Painting of Buddha.
Stay overnight in Lhasa.
Drive from Lhasa to Lake Namtso where on the way, clients will see Nyenchen Thanglha (snow mountain ranges) and lots of nomads with yak and sheep grazing nearby.
Namtso Lake is the "Heavenly Lake" which is one of the four holy lakes of Tibet and also the highest salt-lake.
You can do a very relaxing trek around the lakeside and Tashi Island.
Overnight you will stay at Namtso Guestroom.
Enjoy the sunrise view of the Namtso Lake at the lakeshore where you can trek along the lake shore to Tashi Dor Island to explore the meditation caves before driving to Dumxung to have lunch.
In the afternoon, you may enjoy Yangpachen hot spring (Optional, Price $25 not included in the package) and have both indoor and outdoor swimming pool filled with hot springs water.
Finally, head back to Lhasa.
The guide will transfer you to the airport or train station and help you get on board.
- If tourists' picking-up/dropping-off time is beyond our fixed schedule, they are required to pay for a private transfer
- If passengers are less than 3 per transfer, we may use publish transportation like public airport bus or Taxi instead of using our shuttle service.
- If you are a solo traveler, you need to share one room with another tourist (same sex in most cases); if you prefer to stay in one room by yourself, you will have to pay the single room supplement.
- For the new-comers of Tibet, to get acclimatized to the high altitude in Tibet having a good sleep in your hotel is a good option. Do not rush to visit attractions inside Lhasa city.
- Trip level easy - suitable for all level of fitness, family with kids and senior groups