Private Phnom Penh City Tour
After meeting our tour guide, we will learn about the dark side of Cambodia – Its more recent turbulent and harrowing history. Initially, you visit the Toul Sleng Genocide Museum (also known as S21), ironically a former school, located in a quiet Phnom Penh suburb, this was the infamous Khmer Rouge prison/torture Centre.
Once you have gained an initial insight into the brutality of the Khmer Rouge regime, you will be driven 15km from Phnom Penh to visit the 'Killing Fields'. This is where Toul Sleng prisoners were forcibly marched and then executed; it is now a memorial site located in a beautiful tranquil setting.
Visit the Royal Palace compound build in 1866 by the Predecessors of King Norodom, is the most conspicuous feature and also one of the impressive colourful Khmer-style Palaces. Nearside, the Royal Palace, is Silver Pagoda (The Emerald Buddha temple), display plenty of Buddha Statues that were decorated and made of diamond, emerald, gold and silver.
We continue to Wat Phnom, a Buddhist temple located in centre of Phnom Penh city. It was built in 1373 and stands 27 meters above the ground.
We will stop at Central Market located in the heart of the Phnom Penh. The Khmer name of the market is Phsar Thmei, which translates to “new market”. The Central Market was built in 1937 during the French colonial period, in Art Deco style, and is painted bright ochre.
- Visit the Toul Sleng Genocide Museum
- See the beautiful tranquil memorial site for the Toul Sleng soldiers
- Explore The Emerald Buddha temple
- Stop at the Central Market
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Price for 1 adult is inclusive of single supplement
- Infants 0-3 Are Free of Charge
- Children 4-11 Are 75% of the Adult Price
- Children From 12 Pay the Adult Price
- Pick-up servicePick up and drop off from your hotel in Phnom Penh.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Water and refreshment towels during the tours
- Local English speaking guide as per program
- Sightseeing and entrance fees as specified
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
- 1 Lunch at local restaurant (Foods only)
- Pick up & drop off at hotel
- Personal expenses such as: shopping, telephone, beverage, etc.
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Wear something light and long. You’ll need to wear pants or a dress/skirt that extends well past your knees, and a top that fully covers your shoulders.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and footwear.
- Don't forget your camera, money, water, snack and sunscreen for the summer months.