Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple
Located in the town of Tay Ninh, approximately 100 km northwest of Ho Chi Minh City, the Cao Dai Temple is the main center of Caodaism, an intriguing and colourful indigenous religion mixing Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and Roman Catholicism and venerating western icons like Victor Hugo, William Shakespeare and Joan of Arc.
The Cu Chi tunnels, situated 40 km away from Ho Chi Minh City, consists of a vast and ingenious network of underground tunnels connecting living and cooking areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers but also hundreds of trap doors, that played a strategic role in the resistance of the Vietnamese revolutionary fighters during the war.
This tour starts with pick up from your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City and a 2,5-hour drive which will take you to the town of Tay Ninh where you will discover the Great Cao Dai Temple and where you can attend one of the four daily ceremonies.
After lunch in a local restaurant, drive to the famous Cu Chi tunnels where you will spend the next couple of hours exploring the area and learning more about the history and the incredible tenacity and ingenuity of its inhabitants.
The more adventurous will have the opportunity to crawl through the tunnels and to fire off some rounds from AK47 or M16 assault rifles at the shooting range before driving back to Ho Chi Minh City and arriving late afternoon.
- Visit Cao Dai temple - an intriguing and colorful indigenous religion
- Real experience of the tunnels
- Legendary tunnel system of Cu Chi
- The only place in Vietnam to offer real shooting with AK-47
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pick-up servicePick up from your desired location in ho Chi Minh City
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Water and wet tissue
- Entrance fees
- English speaking guide
- Transfer by private A/C vehicle
- Shooting range fees
- Personal expenses
- Insect repellent cream
- Dress code: smart casual, sport shoes or sandals
- Please inform us if you have any food allergies or special dietary restrictions