Pamukkale and Ephesus Tour from Denizli
The private Ephesus and Pamukkale tour from Denizli kicks off early, as we head to Hierapolis and Pamukkale.
Pamukkale is the centre of natural thermal spring waters with healing properties. Due to the chemical properties of the water, pure white coloured travertines with stepped water terraces were created on the mountain slope. It resemblance a cotton piles this is why it called the 'Cotton Castle' in Turkish.
The ancient city of Hierapolis; which has the most significant Nekropolis with 1200 gravestones in Anatolia and the travertines are worth a visit as well as the sacred pool which is one of the highlights on the site. Their shallow thermal waters ripple over an unusual scattering of ancient roman ruins that lie beneath.
After visiting Pamukkale, we then head to Ephesus. Seeing the Odeon, the Fountain of Trajan, the five terraces of the Apartment House, the Steam Baths of Scholastica, Hadrian's Temple and the Library of Celsus.
The library is one of the most magnificent ruins not only in the city but also in the ancient world. The Grand Theatre, where St. Paul preached, is the most important theatres in antiquity with a capacity of 24,000 seats. You will return to your car through the Arcadian Way, where Mark Anthony and Cleopatra once rode in procession.
After the tour of Ephesus, you will be dropped to your hotel in Kusadasi.
- Pamukkale is the centre of the natural thermal spring waters with healing properties
- Visit the travertines and the ancient city of Hierapolis
- See the shallow thermal waters ripple over an unusual scattering of ancient roman ruins that lie beneath at the Holy Pool Visit the once-mighty city of Ephesus and walk through the most magnificent excavations in the world
- See the Odeon, the Fountain of Trajan, the five terraces of the apartment house, the steam baths of Scholastica, the temple of Hadrian and the impressive library of Celsus
- Stand in the grand theatre - the largest theatre in antiquity with a capacity of 24,000 seats
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 10 hours
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Denizli.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Parking Fees
- Entry into Pamukkale, Cleopatra Pools, Ephesus and Ephesus Museum
- Drop off at Kusadasi hotel
- Pick up from Denizli Airport
- Personal Expenses
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Please include your hotel name and address when making your booking for pick up.
- We recommend you wear comfortable clothing and footwear for this tour. In the summer months, light clothing and sunscreen is recommended.