Tanzania 2 Days / 1 Night Safari in Mikumi National Park
The landscape of Mikumi National Park is often compared to that of the Serengeti.
The road that crosses the park divides it into two areas with particularly distinct environments.
The area north-west is characterized by the alluvial plain of the river basin Mkata. The vegetation of this area consists of savannah dotted with acacia, baobab, tamarinds, and some rare palm. In this area, at the furthest from the road, there are spectacular rock formations of the mountains Rubeho and Uluguru.
The southeast part of the park is less rich in wildlife, and not very accessible. The fauna includes many species characteristic of the African savannah.
According to local guides at Mikumi, chances of seeing a lion who climbs a tree trunk is larger than in Manyara (famous for being one of the few places where the lions exhibit this behaviour).
The park contains a subspecies of giraffe that biologists consider the link between the Masai giraffe and the reticulated or Somali giraffe.
Other animals in the park are elephants, zebras, impala, eland, kudu, black antelope, baboons, wildebeests and buffaloes. At about 5 km from the north of the park, there are two artificial pools inhabited by hippos. More than 400 different species of birds also inhabit the park.
- During the Game drive Toyota 4 land cruiser 4wd will be used
- The Visa payment is also included in the price
- All park entrance fees are included in the price
- 1 bottle of mineral water will be provided
- You will also have Game drive as per itinerary
- There will be transfer from Dar es Salaam to Mikumi
- You are accompanied by an English Speaking Guide/Driver
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French, Italian
- Duration: 2 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, French, Italian
- Pick-up servicePick up provided from Dar es Salaam
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Visa payment
- 1 night full board accommodation
- 18% VAT Taxes
- Safari transport by 4 x 4 (6 seat) with a roof hatch that pop up to enable easy game viewing and photography
- Bottle of mineral water water to each guest
- Activities as per itinerary
- Game drives as per itinerary
- Meals and accommodation as per itinerary
- All Park entrance fees.
- The services of our knowledgeable English speaking driver/guide
- Airport departure tax, Local/International flights, Travel/flying doctors rescue services, Personal and baggage insurance
- Items of a personal nature e.g. laundry, tips and etc
- Cold drinks and alcohol
At 6:00 you meet our driver-guide and get a short safari briefly then depart to Mikumi National Park which is approximately 6 hours drive from the economic city of Tanzania ( Dar es Salaam ).
Stop point at Chalinze for short time, about 15 minutes for Lunch, attend washroom and looking for personal Items.
Arrive at Mikumi National Park in early afternoon for half day game drive.
After game drive, dinner and overnight at Mikumi Adventure Lodge.
Morning after breakfast, you will depart for a half day game drive with packed lunch box, it's another day for exploring the open horizons and abundant wildlife of the Mkata floodplain, Lions survey their grassy kingdom and the Zebra, wildebeest, Impala and buffalo herd around their home range from the flattened tops of termite mounds, or sometime during the rain some animals like Leopard perches high in the trees.
Afternoon start your safari back to Dar es Salaam and drop you off at the Hotel or home where the tour will end
- Flights from Zanibar to Dar es Salaam are not included
- Only the months of March and April are a poor time to visit Mikumi National Park
- The months of May, June, July, August, September and October are the best time to visit Mikumi National Park
- It is advisable that Child under 13 years old should not be taken on safaris
- Do not forget Sunscreen
- Wear good footwear for walking
- Comfortable clothing should be worn in the Mikumi Park
- Any accommodation costs in Dar es Salaam are at your own expense
© Copyright 2017 Private Tour Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission!
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of Private Tour Inc.'s Terms & Conditions.