3 Days / 2 Nights Exciting Safari in Mikumi National Park from Zanzibar
The landscape of Mikumi National Park is often compared to that of the Serengeti.
The road that crosses the park divides it into two areas with particularly distinct environments.
The area north-west is characterized by the alluvial plain of the river basin Mkata. The vegetation of this area consists of savannah dotted with acacia, baobab, tamarinds, and some rare palm. In this area, at the furthest from the road, there are spectacular rock formations of the mountains Rubeho and Uluguru.
The southeast part of the park is less rich in wildlife, and not very accessible. The fauna includes many species characteristic of the African savannah.
According to local guides at Mikumi, chances of seeing a lion who climbs a tree trunk is larger than in Manyara (famous for being one of the few places where the lions exhibit this behavior).
The park contains a subspecies of giraffe that biologists consider the link between the Masai giraffe and the reticulated or Somali giraffe. Other animals in the park are elephants, zebras, impala, eland, kudu, black antelope, baboons, wildebeests and buffaloes.
At about 5 km from the north of the park, there are two artificial pools inhabited by hippos. More than 400 different species of birds also inhabit the park.
- All park entrance fees are included in the price
- Have adventures on the Game Drives as per itinerary
- Watch out for the lions climbing trees
- Experience the exciting Game Drives in a Toyoto Land Cruiser 4wd
- You are accompanied by an English Speaking Guide/Driver
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, French, Italian
- Duration: 3 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Live GuideEnglish, French
- Pick-up serviceYou will be picked up at your hotel in Dar es Salaam by our knowledgeable Guide-driver and transfer to Mikumi depending on the wished time.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Village Tour
- Transfer from Dar es Salaam to Mikumi
- Safari transport by 4 x 4 (6 seat) with a roof hatch that pop up to enable easy game viewing and photography.
- Bottle of mineral water to each guest
- Activities as per itinerary
- Game drives as per itinerary
- All Park entrance fees
- The Visa payment is also included in the price
- The services of our knowledgeable English speaking driver/guide
- Lunch on first Day of arrival
- Items of a personal nature e.g. laundry, tips and etc
- Meals during the safari or transfer
- Optional activities stated in itinerary
- Soft drinks, alcoholic and other beverages
You meet our driver-guide who will pick you up from the Dar es Salaam airport in the morning at 6:00am with our professional Guide and Safaris and travel 283km to Mikumi National Park with lunch at the restaurant in Morogoro.
This is a home to Elephant, Lion, Wild dog, Zebras, Hyena, Buffalo, Wildebeest, Eland, Hartebeest, Crocodile, Lizard and other residents. Over 300 species of birds have been observed in this park.
After breakfast leave with your lunch box for a full day game drive in Mikumi Park.
Mikumi's vegetation includes woodland, swamp and grassland with two water holes, Mkata and Chamgore. Apart from the saddle-bill stork, hammer kop and malachite kingfisher, you will also find monitor lizard and a deadly python inhabiting the pools.
Back for hot lunch and rest in the hotel.
Evening game drive (optional) at the park until sunset.
Dinner and overnight at Mikumi Adventure Lodge.
This will be your last day in Mikumi National Park, where you will have a chance to experience Tanzania culture from one of the famous tribe (Masaai).
The excursion will start soon after early breakfast, a
fter excursion back for Hot lunch at the lodge or packed lunch then depart back to Dar es Salaam.
- The months of May, June, July, August, September and October are the best time to visit Mikumi National Park
- Only the months of March and April are poorly time to visit Mikumi National Park
- Do not forget your sunscreen and apply regularly
- Comfortable clothing especially good walking shoes should be worn
- It is not always advisable for Children under 13 years of age to take safaris