Private Walking Tour to Furnas
Furnas, the most intriguing site from the Azores since the islands occupation.
This walk has two optional starting points which differ the trail’s length and difficulty.
The longer and more difficult option starts on the top of Pico do Ferro viewpoint, a place where you can see the whole volcanic crater, the Furnas caldera.
In the valley, you may also see the Furnas settlement.
The trail starts with a downhill path leading to the Furnas lake.
The easier and shorter option starts at Furnas settlement and we walk on a road area until we arrive at the lake.
Once we get to the lake we find the fumarolic field from which the Furnas stew is steam-cooked underground.
From here we start the walk around the whole lake, passing by several different environments and having different perspectives of the area.
On the mid-way, we stop for the lunch next to the monitoring and research centre of the lake.
Afterwards, we continue the walk, finding a small gothic style chapel and summer house of José do Canto, an important Azorean man from the 19th century.
Once we do the complete round of the lake, we head to the starting points completing the circular trail.
After the walk, we show you some of the most interesting spots of Furnas parish and there is the possibility of enjoying the local hot springs.
- See the Furnas settlement
- See the volcanic crater, the Furnas caldera
- Visit a small gothic style chapel and summer house of José do Canto
- See the most interesting spots of Furnas parish
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- The group price is for 1 - 6 people
- This tour is available all year round
- Pick-up servicePick up from your chosen hotel
- Easy CancellationCancellation of your booking must be in writing or by email to FUNtastic Azores. If possible please let us know as soon as possible. Tours already booked cannot be cancelled and rebooked when special offers are made available.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 24 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Transportation just for your group
- Professional guide
- Pick up and drop of at your hotel
- Other services not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Optional Gratuities
- You must inform us of any medical condition that requires attention or medication before your tour commences
- Due to weather conditions, we may be forced to cancel a scheduled tour informing you of such a decision
- Smoking and or Alcohol is not allowed in our vehicles
- This is a medium level walking tour covering 16.5 km
- Make sure you bring your swimsuit and a (preferably) dark towel