Day at the Farm in the Azores (Interact With the Animals)
Agriculture is the main activity of the Azores, making it very important for the economic and social cohesion of the archipelago.
The working agricultural area (UAA) occupies about 120 thousand hectares, with 13,541 farms and the dairy sector accounts for more than 30% of national production with farms having an average size of 28.2 head.
Taking into account the size and characteristics of the archipelago, farming is a very valuable contribution, resulting in great dedication and commitment made by the milk producers.
Start the day with a guided tour of a factory where you can see the different stages of the manufacturing of our products derived from milk and meat.
Visit a veal farm where you can interact with the animals, followed by an amazing outdoor BBQ lunch, traditional food, and Portuguese wine (included in price), and also visit a dairy where you can taste the milk directly from the cow. At a farm, you can participate in feeding the animals in the fields.
- Visit a milk Factory
- Feed the animals
- Drink milk straight from the cow (optional)
- Interact with baby cows
- Taste delicious cheeses
- Enjoy a BBQ lunch with wine, beer and soft drinks
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Duration: 8 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pick-up servicePick-up drop-off from your hotel
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- BBQ lunch (local dishes)
- Beer, wine, water, juices with lunch
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Drinks before or after lunch
- Tips Gratuities
- Wear adequate footwear
- Bring a wind-breaker