21 Days K2 Base Camp & Gondogoro La Trek Pakistan
“The world’s greatest museum of shape and form” is how Italian mountaineer/author Fosco Maraini described Concordia in his book, Karakoram.
In Concordia, six peaks over 7,925 meters rise to touch the heavens, including K2 (8,611 m) the 2nd highest mountain on earth. This is an exciting, challenging trek, geared for hikers with previous hiking experience!
- Quality & hygienic food
- Camping facilities, hot water in morning
- Professional Tour Guide
- Jeeps from Skardu to Askoli
- Airport pick & drop
- All Meals at Hotel and in the camp
- Hotel Accommodation in town
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Chinese
- Duration: 21 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available May to October 2019
- Minimum of 4 people required to book this tour
- Pick-up servicePick up from the airport in Islamabad.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- English speaking qualified Mountain Guide & Cook & Hepler.
- Trek Permits’ Processing & payment from Ministry of Tourism.
- Portage of 15 Kg, of personal luggage during the trek.
- Camping facilities 2 Pax-dome tent with mattress, dinning tent with folding table & chairs, kitchen tent with complete kitchenette & staff, Toilet tent
- Transport: Air conditioned transport in Islamabad, soft top 4x4 jeeps from Skardu to trek head and back.
- Meals: half board at hotels, full board during trek.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis: at standard category hotels in towns.
- Extra portage for personal luggage if exceeding 15 kgs.
- Helicopter rescue incase of any emergency.
- Any domestic/international air fare. Personal trekking equipment, medicines and any expense of personal nature. Any expense due to forced majeurs, cancellation of flights, landslides, evacuation or accident or delay beyond the control of land operator.
Spend the day in Islamabad finalizing permit details with the Ministry of Tourism. Evening free. Overnight at hotel.
In the morning you will be transferred to Islamabad airport for the flight to Skardu (2272m). This flight is subject to clear weather. Alternately, we take two-day drive to Skardu, along the Karakoram Highway, sometimes refereed to as the eighth wonder of the world. We stay overnight at Chilas on the banks of Indus, the lion river.
Free day at Skardu, the capital of Baltistan, sometimes called little Tibet due to its geographic location and historic links with Tibet and Laddakh. Stroll down the narrow bazaar, climb up the cliff to visit the historic Kharpocho fort, visit the turquoise blue Satpara Lake which is just a few kilometres from the town. Meals and overnight at Motel/Resort.
A full day ride on a winding jeep trail to Askole. The last inhabitants on our way to the Great Glaciers. Highest in the region, the stone & timber abodes contain dark & narrow stairwells riven by gloomy, unlit alleys cluster within the embrace of the fertile terraces. Camp
Today we leave the last inhabited village. After scrambling over a ridge we come across what legend says an old polo field. Passing through a rock gap we cross the Biafo glacier and camp beside its snout at korophone. The Biafo Glacier is a huge river of ice 63 Km long which descends from the central peaks of the Karakoram & flows east into the Braldu Valley at a point about 10 Kms east of Askole.
Resume trek along the Braldu River to a green Oasis under the shadows of Paiju Peak 6611 M. Paiju - is a Balti word which means "SALT". Since there are some rock salt deposits at the base of this peak, the locals believe that the snow on the summit of Paiju Peak is not snow but a huge deposit of salt which drips down to the base. From this camp we have the first view of the impressive Baltoro Glacier
Rest & acclimatization day at Paiju.
Begin trek after an early breakfast. Traverse the junction of Paiju - Baltoro Glaciers through crevasses & lunch below Liligo, the traditional camp under the muddy cliffs with fine views of rock spires. Cross the Khuburse torrent early morning and ramble over two glacier moraines to reach the grassy slopes of Urdukas offering splendid views of the Trango, Uli Biaho & Bial Groups.
A long walk on the icy Baltoro Glacier. Traverse the Yermanandu Glacier which flows down from Masherbrum & joins the Baltoro. Magnificent views of Muztagh, Mitre & Gasherbrum IV.
After an early breakfast, resume a long walk on the Baltoro Glacier to a point called Concordia - a huge junction of Baltoro, Abruzzi & Godwin Austin Glaciers at 4000 meters. Within a short radius of 15 Kilometers, stand 41 peaks over 6500 meters including 04 peaks above 8000 M. The 360 view offers a panorama of peaks nowhere to be found on this Earth
Explore K2 base (A day trip 4 hrs up 3 hrs down) after an early breakfast, resume your walk to K2 Base Camp
After an early breakfast leave the Concordia and we will cross several side glaciers to reach our right path. After 2 hours we will reach Vigne glacier, it is also possible to walk on the Vigne glacier which is fairly easy then walking on the stony bath on the right side of the glacier but it depend on the snow condition.
A very early start as early as 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning to cross the Gondogoro la to reach Khuspang. The basic theme behind the early walk to reach the top of the Gondogoro Pass 5700 metres is that in the morning snow will be soft and you will not get tired quickly as the sun is not strong, but as sun get strong snow get soft, snow going to be melt and bring water and stones, also the chance of ice falls or avalanches
Rest day at Khuspang.
After a couple of minutes of easy walk we will comes onto the glacier. You pick your way across moving boulders and ice, finally crossing the glacier up to the camping site to reach Dalsangpa, meaning 'field of flowers', lives up to its name. It is a beautiful campsite at about 4,150 metres, set between two lakes, with Masherbrum Mountain and the white glacier cascading down from Masherbrum Pass reflected in the still water.
Resume trek along the path; Keep yourself on the left side of the lateral moraine, crossing several side streams. The next hour is an unpleasant scramble along the stony, sliding glacier edge, with huge boulders poised above, ready to fall. Continue your trek along the path goes downhill to the summer settlement called Shaicho, a large shepherd’s settlement with its own mosque, now here you can find a hotel and mountaineering equipment shop. This is the traditional camp among the forest of juniper, cedar and willow trees with giant bushes of wild roses and a good water supply. After a short break continue your walk along the Hushey River on an easy path. Upon arrival camp near the fields in Hushe village
An easy day will bring you to Hushey village. Evening free
Drive to Skardu on the jeep trail to Skardu.
Flight to Islamabad, if unable due to bad weather same day drive to Naran.
De-briefing at Alpine Club of Pakistan Islamabad or early morning drive to Islamabad. Arrive and transfer to the hotel in Islamabad
Drop to Islamabad International Airport.
- Please bring Down jackets. Thermals, Extra pair of socks, Waterproof gloves, Warm jackets, Woolen caps, Sun hat, Walking sticks, Headlamps, Camping Towel, Sleeping bag & air mattress for below -30 degree.
- Remember any Personal medicine and high ankle Waterproof Trekking shoes with Vibram sole. Crampons for GGLA Pass.