07 Days Trek Fairy Meadows Nanga Parbat Base Camp Pakistan
Nanga Parbat at 8,125 meters is the 2nd highest Peak for Pakistan and the 9th highest in the world. It also forms the western end of the Himalayan range, meeting Karakoram & Hindu Kush ranges by Indus river. The Raikot face of Nanga Parbat offers an excellent area for the first trek in this mighty play-ground of mountaineers.
The trek offers plenty of flexibility, as we stay at Fairy Meadows for three nights - taking excursions to Nanga Parbat’s base camp and also some interesting walks around Fairy Meadows with commanding views. Those who prefer a quiet relaxing day, could stay at camp and get mesmerized by the views.
- Cross Babusar Pass
- Journey on Karakoram highway
- Accommodation, Camping, huts Transportation, Meals Jeep Ride,Porter.
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English, German, French, Chinese
- Duration: 7 days
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Live GuideEnglish, German, French
- Pick-up servicePick up from Islamabad International Airport.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is a 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 12 days before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- English speaking Mountain Guide.
- . Portage of 15 Kg during trek.
- Camping Facilities: 2 Pax dome tents with matrices, dinning tent /Huts
- Transport: Air conditioned transport on Karakoram Highway. 4x4 soft top jeeps where required from Raikot to Tattu and Back.
- Meals: Full board at hotels, full board during camping
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis at standard category hotels in towns, 2 person dome tent/Huts at Fairy Meadows
- any extra exp like Horse rid, extra Meals, cold drinks,
- Tips & Portage at airport & hotels, entrance fee at sites & museums.
- Any expense of personal nature not mentioned above.
- natural calamities, acts of God, forced majeurs: beyond the control of Rock Valley Tours , their staff and suppliers.
- Any expense due to forced measures, cancellation of flight, landslides.
- Domestic/International airfare and airport taxes.
Arrive at Islamabad airport in the morning. Transfer to Air Conditioned buses, proceed overland to Besham /Narran. As we start our drive from Islamabad we shortly drive on Grand Trunk Road leading to Afghanistan, en route visit Taxila, the capital of Buddhist Gandhara civilization.
It is reputed as one of the most important archaeological sites of sub-continent. We visit the ruins of a former city (Sirkup), a former monastery (Julian) built on top of a hill and the splendid site museum that contains the artefacts recovered from the excavation sites.
Here one could also see the gold and silver coins of Alexander The Great (326 BC) and local kings. After Taxila turn north to head towards Karakoram Highway. The Highway, reputed as the eighth wonder of the world - was jointly constructed by Pakistani and Chinese engineers and took 850 lives & 20 years to complete. Arrive Besham/ Narran and transfer to hotel, for meals and night stay. (5/6 hours, 200 km)
For the second half of our journey, we drive through the Indus gorge, at Thakot, we cross Chinese made bridge to enter the gorge of Indus river. For centuries this branch of Silk Route was used by the traders and Buddhist missionaries. There are many rock carving sites of that time: Shatial rock carving is one of them. Lunch in Chilas, we stop at Thalichi for the best viewpoint of Nanga Parbat (8,125m) the 9th highest peak of the world and the second highest after K 2 in Pakistan, also known as the killer mountain.
Rakaposhi (7,788m) and the Haramosh range can also be viewed from here. As we drive north we arrive at the meeting point of the mountain rages. The three highest mountain ranges of the world Karakoram, Himalayas and Hindukush meet where Indus river is joined by Chilas river.
Continue to drive to Gilgit the capital city of Northern areas of Pakistan. (9/10 hours, 320 km)
we will arrive at Raikot; at Raikot board on 4x4 soft top jeeps after one hour drive, we will arrive at Jaile, a small village inhabited by Shina speaking Chilasis. Our trek commencement point. As loads are distributed among the porters, we leave the jeeps and start walking.
We ascend gradually, walking through the dry lunar landscape of this meeting point of Hindukush and Himalayan range. Soon we enter the narrow, barren gorge of Tato river, the track clings high on its left bank. Crossing through the green juniper and pine trees arrive at Fairy Meadows for overnight camping/Huts. (8/9 hours)
An ideal day’s walk to the base camp of Nanga Parbat. We walk through the pine trees, covered valley with Raikot glacier flowing on our left side and the summit of Nanga Parbat straight ahead. After about two hours we traverse the lateral moraine of the glacier and then arrive at a flat meadow of Biale camping site.
From here turn right for a short patch to arrive at the OLD BASE CAMP of Nanga Parbat. The meadow here is normally filled with Himalayan flowers and shouting marmots. Half an hour from here is German mountaineer Drexel’s monument. Lunch at 4,000 meters. Enjoy thrilling views of Nanga Parbat and its surrounding peaks. Later walk back to the camp at Fairy Meadows camp/Huts. (7/8 hours round trek.)
Three hours downhill walk from Fairy Meadows along Tato river to Jaile. At Jaile board on your jeeps once again and arrive at Raikot bridge on KKH over Indus river.
At Raikot our AC van will be waiting for us. Transfer into the van and drive to Besham / Narran for overnight at PTDC motel (8/9 hours trek)
Continue to drive on KKH, towards Islamabad bypass the important archaeological site of Taxila and by afternoon arrive Islamabad, transfer to hotel.
Evening free for bazaars and sight seeing in the capital city. Overnight stay at the hotel (6/7 hours drive)
After breakfast at hotel, All days at Islamabad excursion, evening Transfer to airport for international departure flight.
- You will need travel insurance for trekking to Fairy Meadows.
- Cloths for the trek should be durable, comfortable and easy to wash and dry.
- A small daypack is suggested as a carry-on to keep items that you will use during while on the trek, bus or jeep.
- While on an organized trek, it is best to pack all items for your trip in one large piece and one carry on.
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1