Full Day Nizwa Tour
Pick up from your Hotel. The tour will start from Shatti Al-Qurum (next to Intercontinental Hotel).
Forts and castles are Oman’s most striking cultural landmarks and together with its towers and city walls, have historically been used as defensive look-out points. It is estimated that there are over 500 forts, castles and towers in Oman. Our today visit will include a few of the ones which are more remarkable & striking in their architecture & style.
We start in the morning at 9 am to drive to the historic town of Nizwa, Oman’s cultural capital. Our first stop will be the charming ancestral village of BIRKAT AL MAWZ at the bottom of the green mountain, Jebel Akhdar.
We will then head to visit the beautiful Nizwa centre with its Fort (outside visit) and its massive circular cannon Tower, making it one of the most impressive forts in Oman. We will walk through the traditional Nizwa Souq. Lunch in a local restaurant.
After lunch, we will proceed to the Jabreen Fort. The Jabrin Castle, built in the 17th century, is one of the finest of its kind. Its magnificent plasterwork, the carved doors and the painted wooden beams of the ceilings makes this castle amazingly different.
After we visit the Jabrin castle, we will drive towards the Jebel Shams one of the most famous mountains in Oman, passing one of the oldest small towns of Oman Bahla with its fort (outside visit) , before we reach back Nizwa downtown, from where we will drive smoothly to Muscat after a long day!
Tour will end in Avenue Mall & then transfer back to your hotel.
- Birkat Al Mawz & Jebel Akhdar (Passing By)
- Nizwa Souq
- Jabreen Fort
- Jebel Shams (Passing By)
- Bahla Fort (Photo stop)
- Scheduling: Shared Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Duration: 9 hours
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Available Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- Pick-up servicePick up from your hotel in Muscat.
- Easy CancellationCancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Audio guide headsets
- Entrance fees to Jabreen Fort
- Lunch with soft drinks
- Alcoholic beverages at lunch
- Any expense of personal nature
- Women visiting the Mosque are required to cover their head with a scarf and we ask that you do not wear shorts, beachwear or sleeveless outfits and be fully covered. Men visiting the Mosque should wear long trousers.
- Schedules are likely to change during the Holy Month of Ramadan. Please contact us for updates.
- Before photographing any local residents, kindly ask their permission. Photographing of the local woman is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited in all our vehicles.