Private Lumbini And Kapilvastu Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour
Lumbini is the ultimate pilgrimages for every Buddhist – The Star of Asia and symbol of peace, Lord Buddha was born at Lumbini while his mother was on her way to parental home from Kapilvastu. Lumbini should be visited and seen by a person of devotion, being one of the four holy places of Buddhism.
The other sites are Boudhagaya, Kushinagar and Sarnath in India. Buddha was born in Lumbini of Nepal during the full moon day in the month of Baisakh in 623 B.C. he was born under a Saal tree (Shorea Robusta) when Maya Devi (his mother) was going to her maternal town on the occasion of delivery.
After the birth, Buddha took seven steps towards north, which is now shown as seven lotus flowers and, looking in all directions, he declared that “I am the foremost of all creatures to cross the middle of the ocean of the existence, this is my last birth and hereafter, I will not be born again”.
This newly born Hindu Prince named Siddhartha had supernatural birth & signs, which indicated that the newborn child will bring deliverance to the world.
Ascetic (Rishis) warned the king that the boy might renounce the world anytime if he happens to come across.
The Sacred Garden, which is spread over 8 sq.km possesses all the treasures of the historic area. It has been listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage site.
The site is marked by Ashoka Stone Pillar, which has an engraved inscription identifying the spot as the birthplace of Lord Buddha. On one side of the pillar is the Mayadevi Temple, the temple of the mother of Lord Buddha. Puskerni Pond, located south of the Ashokan Pillar is where Queen Mayadevi, mother of Lord Buddha is believed to have taken a bath before giving birth to Lord Buddha. Chinese Monastery, a complex of Pagodas and prayer rooms built by Buddhist Association of China.
Korean Monastery, which contains beautiful images of Lord Buddha. Royal Thai Monastery, located in the vicinity of the birthplace of the Buddha at the Lumbini Sacred Garden. Ashoka Pillar, the pillar carrying an inscription identifying the holy site as the birthplace, is situated nearby the Sacred Garden. To one side of Ashoka pillar is the Mayadevi Temple. Recent excavations have turned up a stone bearing a "foot imprint", indicating the exact place of birth. Myanmar Monastery.
The Myanmar Temple (Lokamani Cula Pagoda) is a gleaming gold and white structure gracefully soaring into the sky in the style of the Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon. There is a monastery complex behind the temple. Nearby, the International Gautami Nuns Temple is a fine replica of the Swayambhu stupa in Kathmandu.
There is a pond here known as Paleswan Pukhu. Japanese Peace Stupa, situated at the northern end of Lumbini. Built by the Nippon Jon Myohoji of Japan, the 41-m tall edifice is visible from a distance. Four different Buddha statues are set into the stupa's dome to face the four cardinal directions. Kapilvastu - Tilaurakot is the capital of the Shakya Kingdom about 25 kilometres west of Lumbini that extends over an area of two and a half miles.
Tilaurakot is the exact site of ancient Kapilvastu due to its general consonance of local bearings and geographical conditions as described in the Buddhist texts and travel accounts of Chinese pilgrims.
- The Myanmar Temple
- The engraved inscription spot ofthe birthplace of Lord Buddha
- The Sacred Garden listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage site
- Lumbini the ultimate pilgrimage for every Buddhist
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 7 hours
- Instant Confirmation
- Children over 2 pay the adult price
- Children 0-2 (Without a car seat) are free of charge
- Pick-up servicePick up from your Hotel/Airport.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Cut-off TimeAvailable to be booked until 7 hours before the tour starts. We reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
- Mineral Water
- Guide Services
- Entrance fee
- Pick up / drop off from hotel in Lumbini
- Drop to Sunauli Border ( USD $ 30 Per Person)
- Pick from Sunauli Border ( USD $ 30 Per Person)
- Drop to Bhairahawa Airport ( USD $ 25 Per Person)
- Pick from Bhairahawa Airport ( USD $ 25 Per Person)
- Food and drinks
- Please wear casual appropriate clothing