Around 26 km northwest of Pokhara lies Dhampus village at an altitude of 1650m. It is a small village on the hilltop. Everyone who treks to Annapurna Base Camp must go via Dhampus. It is Dhampus from where you can get the best view of the Annapurna Region without going to Annapurna. The hike usually starts early in the morning post breakfast.
Our guide will meet you at your hotel lobby at a discussed time. He will give you a short briefing and you will head to Phedi in private transportation. Phedi is about 18 km away from Pokhara. It takes anywhere between 30-45 minutes’ drive depending on the road traffic. The trek starts from Phedi.
You take the oldest trail to Dhampus which is rarely used by the locals since the motorway was built. This trail will lead you through the forest and several villages. It takes around 90 minutes on an average to reach Dhampus. As you walk through the forest you can enjoy the peaceful environment and can occasionally spot various species of birds. The sound of chirping birds and crickets blend to create soothing music of nature.
As you approach Dhampus Village, the view of Annapurna unfolds gradually and by the time we reach Dhampus, we will eventually be able to see Fishtail (Machhapuchhre) and Dhaulagiri to Lamjung.
- Hill top tower
- Mountain view
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 6 to 8
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from your Hotel in Pokhara City.
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Instant Confirmation
- Drinks with lunch
- Personal expenses including insurance
- Please include your hotel name and address when making your booking.
- Visas and insurance are responsibility of the customer.