Tibetan Horseback Riding Trek to Everest Base Camp, 14 Days
Horse Riding Trek to Everest Base Camp is an incredible experience introducing you to an amazing view of the highest mountains in the Nepal Himalayas.
Mount Everest Base Camp has been a popular destination for trekkers since the very first expeditions to the Nepalese side of the Everest in 1953.
For people less inclined or unable to go trekking, this package offers you the chance to experience the Himalayan region. It a nice combination that allows you to experience the high mountains and the best cultural places of Nepal has to offer.
- Well-maintained trails and comfortable lodges, but the trekking routes here start higher and stay higher
- Detouring off the main trail and exploring the excellent excursions from Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar.
- Scenic and outstanding mountain flight in and out of Lukla.
- Following in the footsteps of great mountaineers, smooth walking up and down through the dense Rhododendron and Pine forest.
- Mirror the towering landscape all around, stunning view point at Kalapattar.
- Homeland of Sherpa people and their pictureaque villages along the trail, visiting an ancient Buddhist Monasteries where you can see the Yeti Skull in Khumjung.
- Spectacular touching the tops of some of the most famous mountains in the Himalaya.
- The definitive Himalayan trek to the foot of Mt. Everest through breathless high alpine landscapes.
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 14 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Eco-friendly Company
- Stress free and relaxed travel
- Government authorized and professional company
- Quality & Value
- Responsible Tourism
- Well Trained Local Guides and porters
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up serviceFrom the Kathmandu International Airport
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 100% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 2 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Office Service charge.
- Government taxes.
- First Aid Medical kit box and duffel bags.
- All the ground transportation by private car/van.
- 1 horse including horse man, his food, accommodation, salary and insurance.
- Sagarmatha National Park permits and other necessary permits.
- Round Trip flight to & from Lukla & Domestic airport taxes in Kathmandu and Lukla.
- 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter between 2 people), their food, accommodation, salary, equipment and their insurance.
- All tea-house/lodges accommodation during the trek.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the trek.
- 2 nights deluxe accommodation with breakfast at 3* hotel Marshyangdi in Kathmandu as per above program.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
- Tips for guide, porters, driver.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
- Additional porters used during the trek.
- Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
- Trekking Equipments (down sleeping bag and down jackets are available to hire or buy in Kathmandu).
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks like Coke laundry, phone call, internet.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Travel insurance.
- Any meals (Lunch and Dinner) in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
Arrival in Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport and you will be met at the airport by our representative who will be waiting with a Swiss Family Treks sign outside the terminal and transfer to Hotel by private car. Welcome drink and after you settle into the hotel there will be a group briefing with your tour leader. He will discuss the trek details and co-ordinate any last minute arrangements. Stay overnight at Hotel Marshyangdi.
After 45 minutes fly from Kathmandu to Lukla and will have breakfast and then continue our journey passing many Buddhist monuments during the trail and finally we reach in Phakding which takes about 3 hours. We will have lunch there. Overnight in Lodge.
In the morning after breakfast; we start from hotel and we reach in Monjo after 3 hours walk passing many suspension bridges with good view of Mt. Thamserku and we should entry our permit and will have lunch in Jorsalle. Then we start to climb steep up slowly passing high suspension bridge till Namche Bazar which takes about 2 and half hour. Overnight in Lodge.
In this day, we will hike to Everest view hotel for panoramic and spectacular view of mountains. It takes 2 hours to reach in there and after 1 hour enjoy with the mountains then we climb down to Khumjung village for the visit ancient monastery and Khumjung Hillary School. It takes about 1 hour. We can see Skull of Yeti inside the Monastery. This is the biggest Sherpa village in Khumbu region. Again we continue our trek to Khunde village which takes about 1 hour. We will have lunch there and visit the old monastery and back to hotel in Namche via Syangboche village. It takes about 1 and half hour. Overnight in Lodge.
In the morning, we start our trek like as before days and the trail continues to straight until reaching Kyanjuma village and takes about 1 & half hour walk and then the trail climbs down to the Dudh Kosi River and cross by suspension bridge. We can see a series of picturesque water driven prayer wheel. Then we will have lunch in Phungi Thangna. The steep ascent brings us to Tengboche village. We can visit ancient Buddhist Monastery in evening time to take a meditation with many monks and nuns. The views of the mountains are spectacular in the morning and evening. Overnight in Lodge.
Today, our trail continues through the Rhododendrons forests until reaching the suspension bridge near the Pangboche village which takes about 2 hours. Then we cross the bridge and we climb up gently steep trail until reaching the Pangboche village. The trail continues a little steeper up till to reach Pangboche monastery. We can visit the monastery and continue our trek till Somare village, it takes about 1 hour. We will have lunch break there. After lunch the trail continues in the isolated pastures and fields till Orsho, left trail goes to Pheriche and right trail continues to Dingboche. Then we continue our trek to following the upstream of Imja Khola. Finally we arrive in Dingboche which takes about 2 hours. Now we have a good view of Amadablam, Island Peak, Lhotse, Tawache, Tsolache, Lobuche and other peaks. Overnight in Lodge.
In the morning, after breakfast, the short climb brings us to the ridge above Dingboche and past the small Chhorten and descends to the broad terrace above the Khumbu Khola valley. We continue our trail passing the terrace until reaching Thukla which takes about 2 and half hour. We can see a short glimpse of the majestic peak of Pumori, Nuptse, Lobuche, Cholatse, Tawache, Amadablam and other small peaks. We will have lunch break there before climb the steep terminal moraine of the Khumbu glacier.
After lunch, the trail steeply ascends until reaching at the top of the ridge, is an array of cairn memorials and large heaps of stones with prayer flags, remembering mountaineers who perished on missions to climb Everest. We have a dramatic mountain views like Nuptse, Pumori, Khumbutse, Lingtren, Lobuche, Tawache and Amadablam etc. then your trail continues until reaching Lobuche which takes about 2 and half hour.
In the evening time, we go to look Khumbu Glacier. Overnight in Lodge.
In the morning after breakfast, we continue our trek in the left bank of Khumbu glacier and steep climb up till Changri glacier, and then short descend to reach Gorak shep. It takes about 2 and half hour.
We will have lunch break there. After lunch, we can enjoy great view of Pumori, Lingtren, Khumbutse, Nuptse. Today’s journey is a round trip to Mount Everest Base Camp.
First we pass by the glacier lake. Then, we go through the side of moraine and go down to the central part of Khumbhu glacier. We follow the small ups and downs through the glacier until reaching Everest Base Camp which looks desolate surrounding ice, snow and rock faces.
We can see from here South Col and the icefalls of the Western Cwn as well as Pumori. Then, we return back to our Lodge which takes about 6 hours for round trip.
Overnight in Lodge.
Early in the morning, we will hike to Kala Patthar 5550m. The trail steeply ascends until reaching Kala Pathar viewpoint which takes about 2 hours. Kala Pathar means Black rocks. Now we have an excellent view of Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Khumbutse, Pumori, Lingtren, Changtse (Chinese mountain), Amadablam, Thamserku, Lobuche peak and other peaks all around.
There is also unobstructed view of sunrise and sunset. Then we climb down till our hotel and it takes about 1 hour. We will have our breakfast. After breakfast we continue our trek passing the Changri glacier until reaching Lobuche which takes about 2 hour. Then we continue again until reaching Thukla which takes about 1 hour.
We will have lunch there. After lunch, the trail continues gently descent till reaching Pheriche. It takes about 2 hour. Overnight in Lodge.
This day after breakfast, Firstly our trail continues passing the pastures land and cross a small stream, then gradually descends to Pangboche Village. We make lunch break there. For the bit of variety on the way downhill to Namche, consider taking a detour through Phortse, a sprawling Sherpa village on a flat-topped ridge overlooking the confluence of Imja Khola and Dudh Koshi. To reach Phortse, climb to upper Pangboche, then head south out of the village along the high trail.
This is a leisurely trek through a rocky landscape dotted with scrub junipers, offering eagle-eye views over the Imja Khola valley towards Tengboche Monastery. The trail skirts around the ridge and eventually drops down to Phortse. At the top of the village, Phorrtse Gompa was built in 1996 using traditional techniques and materials.
Overnight in Lodge.
In the morning after breakfast, we leave the village and descend a shady trail through the forest to the bridge at Phortse Thenga and rejoins the original route from Namche to Gokyo Lake. Then the trail climbs up steeply on the switchbacks through pine forests for 1 and half hour to the ridge of Mong-La. We stop for lunch break here. After lunch, trail drops downhill to the village name is called Kyangjuma.
Now we walk the level trail the mountain flank until reaching the large settlement of Namche Bazzar which takes about 2 hours.
Overnight in Lodge.
In the morning, we leave the Namche Bazar and trail descents through pine trees and cross the high suspension bridge over the Dudh Kosi River. Then our trail continues Riverside and we arrive in Jorsalle and it takes about 2 and half hours.
We continue again our trek until reaching Phakding with crossing several bridges about 1 and half hours walk. We will have our lunch there.
After lunch our trail continues until reaching Lukla with passing up and down which takes about 2 hours.
Overnight in Lodge.
Early in the morning fly back to Kathmandu which takes approximately 45 minutes and our car is waiting for you at the domestic airport and transfer to Hotel.
Afternoon relaxing and walking in Thamel.
Your trip will come to an end today after breakfast. Your leader will be on hand to advise and assist with your onward travel arrangements and transfer to Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport by our private van around 3 hours before your flight schedule and flight back to your home/other travel destination.
- Well trained English speaking Local Guides and Porters
- Eco-friendly Company
- Private Trip
- Stress free and relaxed travel
- Strong Foundation
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1