14 Day Everest Base Camp Trek
The size and beauty of Everest are so daunting that trekking to its base camp (17,590') is still an adventure of the highest sort. It is one of the adventurous treks as the beginning of the trek is with a heart clenching flight to Luka, the most dangerous airport in Nepal.
The trek beings along the Dudh Koshi river crossing many bridges and climbing the steep uphill of Jhorshalle and the beautiful Namchebazar. After Namche Bazaar, the trail ascends above the tree line and you quite quickly find yourself walking in a stunning high-altitude landscape. It is one of the most famous trekking trails in Nepal and most of the people have it on their to-do list.
- Traditional Sherpa villages
- Historic monasteries
- Stunning view of Mt Everest
- Towering mountains
- World's most famous trek
- Travelers Best Trekking Destination in Nepal
- Everest Base Camp
- Scheduling: Semi-Private Tour
- Languages offered on the Activity / Tour: English
- Duration: 14 days
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Pick-up servicePick up from Kathmandu airport.
- Easy Cancellation100% Cancellation fee for customers to cancel 30 days prior to the tour and 50% cancellation fee 31-45 days prior to the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Medical kit
- Government taxes and permits
- Round trip flight from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu including departures taxes.
- Everest National park permits and TIMS permit for trekking
- Full board meals with tea/ coffee (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the time of trekking
- Guesthouse accommodation during the trek in mostly twin-share and occasionally dormitory-style rooms
- Two nights (twin sharing beds) accommodation with breakfast at a 3 star category hotel in Kathmandu
- All ground transportation in a private vehicle
- 24 hour access to our staff
- Any other expenses that are not mentioned in the
- Tips to your guide and porter. (tipping is expected)
- Expenses due to unavoidable events, for instances, flight cancellation, strikes, and other.
- Personal expenses like water, laundry, phone and bar bills.
- Personal trekking equipment
- Nepal entry visa.
- Travel and rescue Insurance
- International Air tickets
On this day you will be picked up from the airport and transferred to your Hotel.
After, as the given schedule time frame, you will be meeting with the TMG’s staff and on the brief of your trip, Tibet Visa application. After we will move to our dinners, introduction and more on comings trips flow on information.
On this day you will receive the TMG’s staff and move to the Kathmandu valley sightseeing with the private vehicle. TMG’s tour guide will brief you during your trip. You will explore Kathmandu Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath, Swoyambhunath. As your request, you can make it happen by the private vehicle, cycling, rickshaw, by walk near from the hotel. Other you need to take the vehicle or by cycling.
We have an early flight from Kathmandu towards Lukla, it is said to be one of the most beautiful flights in the world with views that will give you memories for a lifetime.
After arriving in Lukla we start this short trek towards Phakding. After the police check post, we descend towards the Dudh Khosi River and continue further downwards until reaching the village of Phakding our overnight stay of the day.
After breakfast continues towards Namche Bazaar, the biggest town in the region. Our trail follows the Khumbu Khola (river) and we cross it many times until Jangbu from where we start to ascend. Beautiful valley landscapes views await us. After a half days ascending the trail becomes steeper until reaching the town of Namche Bazaar.
Before reaching the town we can stop at the Everest View Point from where we can have our first look at the mighty mountain. Overnight stay at Namche Bazaar.
Today we have a full day to relax and get used to the high altitude. By ascending too much people who are not used to the high altitude can get discomfort of altitude sickness so it is crucial we break down our trek and get used to the new altitudes. Namche Bazaar is the biggest town in the area so you can have a fun day exploring all this town has to offer! Overnight in Namche Bazaar
An early rise and we start our trek towards Tengboche. The trail becomes steeper and the path becomes harder.
The locals here work on the trails themselves and have a donation box stationed at the start of the trail. Crossing various suspension bridges, passing through forest trails that come out in incredible views of the Himalayas and passing sacred Buddhist Stupas the path climbs up more and more until reaching the Tengboche Monastery. The monastery is beautiful decorated and praying bells await u on the outside. For our overnight stay we will lodge in Tengboche.
We can feel the cold temperatures now and after breakfast we trek towards Dingboche. We walk downhill through pristine forests with amazing valley views until reaching Deboche. From here we cross a large suspension bridge to Pangboche. The trail can be icy so slipping danger will be there.
A steep ascend awaits us all the way to Dingboche with Everest lurking in the background. Overnight stay at Dingboche.
Today we make again a resting day to get used to the high altitude. Relax or explore the beautiful village of Dingboche for tomorrow we hit the road again. Overnight stay at Dingboche.
After breakfast we continue our trek towards Lobuche. We can see a change in the landscape as it becomes more barren and a rocky ascending up a ridge towards the village of Thukla. Ascending more we enter the Dugla Pass and start to climb even higher following the trail all the way up until reaching Lobuche.
On the trail we can see stunning mountain views and the small town of Pheriche where we will stay on our way back. Reaching Lobuche we take a well-deserved rest and get ready for our overnight stay as for tomorrow we will visit the Everest Base Camp!
We have a very early wake-up and departure as we aim to reach Everest Base Camp. A steady climb passing the Khumbu Glacier and passing the Italian Pyramid Research Center the trek becomes harder due to the lack of oxygen. The trail ascends softly all the way until Ghorakshep our end destination of the day.
After taking a lodge in Gorakshep we head for our ultimate goal of the trek, yes Everest Base Camp! Returning back to the Khumbu Glacier we take a different route ascending slowly and eventually following the spine of the mountain until we descend and hit the Everest Base Camp! Congratulations You Have Made It!!!! We spend some time here taking in our victory moment before returning to Ghorakshep for our overnight stay.
Today we wake up around 4 am and trek towards Kala Pathar from where we can see the most amazing sunrise view over Mt Everest. Although EBC was our goal, the view from Kala Pathar of Everest is for most the ultimate goal of this trek as it promises views of this mighty giant that will last a lifetime!
After our moment on Kala Patthar, we head back down to Gorekshep for our breakfast and departure downwards to Pheriche. The trail is descending gradually until reaching our overnight destination Pheriche.
After breakfast we head back down towards Tengboche. From here we plan to descend all the way back to Namche Bazaar.
As the trail is all familiar to us by now this day is pleasant downwards until reaching the small village of Phungi Thanga. Ascending and descending trails bring us back to a familiar town, Namche Bazaar. Overnight stay in Namche Bazaar.
After our breakfast we descend back to Pakhding and follow the Dudh Kosi River until ascending back to Lukla where we stay for the night.
A morning flight brings us back to Kathmandu end concludes our short trek. Arriving at the airport you will be transferred to your hotel. With the rest of the day free to explore the Kathmandu valley.
- Accommodation Few of the common accommodation options while trekking in Nepal are Tea Houses (Lodges) which can be found at various points on the trek. They offer dorm room accommodation and simple basic meals reflective of what the local people in the area eat. Although many tea houses and hotels in the hills and mountains are reasonably comfortable, some may not be comfortable, so it makes sense to bring a sleeping bag even for teahouse treks. Camping is another option for trekkers and it can be conducted almost anywhere in the country. Camping treks can be fully organized and supported with a team of guides, cooks, and porters to accompany you. Homestays in local villages can also be organized in few treks.
- What is trekking like in Nepal? It is an opportunity to combine challenging mountain trail, unique culture and stunning mountains that are famous in the world. Nepal is home to an incredible treks like Everest Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Langtang Trek, Manaslu Trek, Kanchenjunga Trek and many popular trekking routes that lead you to the wilderness. Everest Base Camp trek and Annapurna Base Camp trek are the world's famous and iconic.
- What are the documents required for the Nepalese Visa? Ensure you bring a copy of your travel insurance, a copy of your passport and 3 passport-sized photos. The fee for the Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days is the US $ 40 and for the tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days is the US $ 100. You have to pay these at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu.
- Trekking Information Trekking is the most popular activity in Nepal, and travelers will be bombarded on the streets of Kathmandu and the trekking hub, with guides, organized tours and gear for sale or rent. The huge variety of options allows for people of many ages and capabilities to attempt a trek in the country. While you could spend a year planning an expedition to wild and lofty places that few would dare attempt, you could also arrive in Kathmandu with no plans and be on the trail in a matter of days. With eight of the top ten highest summits in the world and some of the most beautiful landscapes which are only reachable on foot, trekking in Nepal is one of the unique experiences.