Private 15 Day Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest is not a name only to be associated with the world’s tallest mountain Mt. Everest (8848 m) rather it’s fairyland up in the Himalayas.
Everest Base Camp Trek is more than an ordinary trek. Throughout a trail, better described as iconic steps towards paradise, you are offered a blend of Sherpa culture, alpine forests and more than 20 mountain vistas.
Glacial Moraines and glacial lakes along with high altitude passes make every step into this magnificent land of Khumbu challenging.
Trekking in Nepal is considered as the prime outdoor walking holiday activity and Everest region trekking is its deity.
- Private Tour of Kathmandu City with licensed tour guide
- Hike the Kalapathar (4280 m) to witness the Himalayan sunrise
- Trek along the Pangboche valley
- View the stunning Namche Monastery
- Admire the magnificent Tyangboche Monastery
- Visit world heritage monuments such as Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Swoyambunat and Bouddhanath
- View the memorials of legendary Everest Summiteers who lost their lives in Everest at Thukla Pass (4,910)
- View The World famous Khumbu glacier Italian reaserch center
- Hike to the Kala Pattar-the perfect view point of Everest
- Mt Everest base camp trek is the journey for the worlds tallest mountain
- Scheduling: Private Tour
- Languages offered on activity/tour: English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Danish, Finnish
- Duration: 15 days
- Skip the Line
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Min 2 - Max 15 people per booking
- Available until 2018-11-11
- Available on Monday-Wednesday-Saturday
- Live GuideEnglish
- Pick-up servicePick Up from Kathmandu International Airport
- Easy CancellationThere is no cancellation fee once Customers Cancel at least 7 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour.
There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 3 and 6 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or t
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu with cultural program in typical Traditional Nepali restaurant
- First aid kit
- Trekking permit of National park
- Sleeping bags, down jackets, duffel bags and trekking sticks (if required)
- Lunch, Dinner,Breakfast & accommodation during the trekking
- Round trip flight fare for Kathmandu-Lukla -Kathmandu
- Airport pick-up and drop off service
- 2 night stay in 3-star hotel or equivalent in Kathmandu with BB plan
- Trekking Guide and Trekking porter (Two participant 1 porter, Porter carry 25 KG)
- Insurance and equipment for the trekking staff
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel Insurance Company
- Snacks and drinks not mentioned in Inclusions
- Extra meals and hotel accommodation in Kathmandu other than mentioned in Intinerary
- Tips for guide and porter
- Travel Insurance
- Single supplementary (pp accommodation US$50.00) per night
- Drinks, Hot Shower, extra accommodation in Kathmandu and during the trekking
- Heritage Entry Fee during the sightseeing in Kathmandu and other
- Personal Expenses
Upon your arrival time, a representative will be at Kathmandu International Airport [TIA] to welcome and receive you. You will then be escorted to your hotel where you can refresh and relax and in the evening a welcome dinner program will be organized at a Nepali restaurant.
Overnight in Kathmandu
After enjoying morning breakfast, you will be picked by your guide from the hotel and take around Kathmandu for sightseeing.
You will visit world heritage monuments such as Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Swoyambunat and Bouddhanath.
In the evening, our trekking guide will conduct a briefing about the trekking program before dinner.
Overnight at Kathmandu
Wake up early today to catch a mountain flight to Lukla, the gateway to Mt. Everest.
Unload your rucksacks and start trekking towards Phakding.
Enroute you will pass through pine and oak forests with occasional chirping sound of birds.
Overnight in Phakding
Have a warm breakfast and take in the crispy air. The trail leaving Phakding parallels the Dudkhosi River alongside the forested hills.
Crossing of the suspension bridge over the confluence of Bhotekoshi and Dudhkoshi allows for a first glimpse of Everest and other peaks.
The last segment is fairly uphill trekking till you reach Namche Bazar (3,440m).
Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Today is an acclimatization day. You will spend exploring and learning about the sights and sounds of Namche Bazaar.
Or alternatively, you can hike up to Everest View Hotel, one of world’s highest hotels to capture an amazing panorama of Mahalangur Himalayan ranges including Everest, Thamserku, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, Choaltse and so forth.
Afterwards, return to Namche and spend an evening in cozy Namche cafes or pubs.
Overnight in Namche.
As the dawn breaks, you carry a rucksack and march down the trail ahead. The section between Namche and Tengboche (3,870m) is fairly easy as you walk into serene forests of oaks, pines and magnolia.
Tengboche Monastery is one of the most sacred Himalayan monastery built by the Sherpa community some 300 years ago. The monastery is in a vantage position affording a stunning view of Mt. Ama Dablam.
Overnight in Tengboche.
Trek along the Pangboche valley which is at the crossroad of the Amadablam Trekking towards the windy valley of Dingboche (4,360m). The landscape starts to change from this day. The tree line starts to disappear and scattered bush remains as the vegetation of the area.
The hiking of the Nagarshan Hill (5100 m) takes place as part of final preparation before scaling the Everest Base Camp. This is the right time to get acquainted with the locals of the region.
The major highlight of this day's trekking is the memorials of legendary Everest Summiteers who lost their lives in Everest at Thukla Pass (4,910). The memorial of the Rob Hall, Scott Fischer, Babu Chhiri Sherpa and numerous others will let you feel the significance of the region.
Along the moraines and side by side with Khumbu glacier we will reach Gorakshep.
After brief stop we head to iconic Everest Base Camp.
Take as many pictures as possible and return back to Gorakshep
Early morning hiking of the Kalapathar (4280 m) to witness the Himalayan sunrise is the most alluring activity to do in Everest region of Nepal. The sun rays kissing the lofty Himalayas glowing the surrounding will definitely worth every hardship endured during the trekking.
The trekkers then descend to Pheriche for overnight.
Don't say that the route is same and there is nothing new to see while returning. You will witness absolutely different landscape and feeling is different while returning. Enjoy your return trip with local brewery and food.
Descend and enjoy this return trip to Lukla.
The scenic mountain flight will take the trekkers from Lukla to Kathmandu
The journey within the mountains of Nepal comes to an end today! There is nothing to do but we just trade emails to travel companions and organize our photos. If we have more time we can do some shopping or sightseeing. At last approximately 3 hours before our scheduled flight, a representative Drops you to the airport. On your way to home we will have plenty of time to plan our next adventure trip in the wonderful country of Nepal.
- Bring enough money
- Please bring 2 Passport size photos, copy of passport and travel insurance at Orientation Meeting. Since the trip is based on twin-sharing basis, USD 250 will be applicable as a Single Supplementary Charge for the private accommodation
- To avoid the risk of missing international flights, it is always recommended to have 2 or 3 days extra at the end of the trip to fly international, because Lukla airport is sensitive to fly and the chance of delay or cancel of the flight is always there
- Also be prepared to pay some extra money for Helicopter charter flights (approx. USD300-400) if the regular flights are cancelled or delayed for few days. Make sure that you have full-fledged Insurance at home to cover it.
- If in case flight is cancelled or delayed more than 2 days, we will divert your trek to Annapurna Base Camp alternatively. In this case, we would give the complementary of Everest scenic flight for the betterment of your trip without any additional charge
- Excellent 5
- Very Good 4
- Average 3
- Poor 2
- Terrible 1